twelve

The sound of a door being slammed is all I hear, as Grayson continues to touch me. I scream once more with all of my strength. Suddenly, he's off of me and my hands are on my head. A harsh pounding erupts in my head. I feel like throwing up this instant. Then hands are on me, not touching me in a bad way but rather in a calming and soft way. I feel something soft touch my hands, so I grab it and pull it to my face, hiding in it. I sob a couple of times, smelling cigarettes and mint. My body gets lifted off of the counter softly, not being touched in any inappropriate way. I don't hear a thing except my breathing, my sobs and the loud booming in my head. Suddenly, my warm skin meets cold air, making me shiver and get goosebumps. I sob into the soft material again. My fingers clench the material harshly. Then I hear a quiet beeping sound and my warm arms and legs touch a very cold leathery material. The hands leave me but I grip one, taking my face from the soft fabric in my other hand. My blurry vision meets with a pair of blue ocean colored eyes. The pounding in my head is indescribable. The warm hand soon leaves mine.

"Put the hoodie on, Violet. I'll be right back with your makeup bag and your bass, okay? I'll be back in five minutes", a faint voice speaks.

The door shuts, leaving me in silence. I do as I'm told and pull the hoodie over my top. It's a way too big white hoodie and has a huge black and skin tone makeup stain. I hide my hands in the sleeves, curling up in a ball on the seat. Sobs sill leave my lips, as tears drip onto the soft material. I let my hand graze over my neck, feeling a sharp pain where Grayson bit and kissed me. It feels sore and like it's not that fine. The car is cold but I smell the same mint and cigarette smell that's on the hoodie. A few minutes of me sobbing, crying and cringing in pain from my headache pass and the door on the left backseat opens. I look back, seeing someone put two huge black cases in the backseat. One has a little pink bow on the strap to carry it. That's mine, I believe. My vision turns blurry again and tears fall down my cheeks onto the hoodie. I've got to look like a mess right now. After wiping my eyes, a black and white camouflage print makeup bag is set on the guitar cases. The door closes soon after. I curl up into a smaller ball as the drivers side door opens and Niall gets in. I look out of the window on my side, seeing nothing but darkness.

"I told Wesley what happened. He's still taking care of Mere but he'll take care of unconscious Grayson when he's done with her", I hear him say.

I don't answer.

"He told me to stay the night at your place."

I don't answer again. My head pounds, as he starts the car and drives off.

"I should've listened to you", I whisper, barely even audible to myself.

"It's not your fault. He's the one that tried to use your state and I should've went in between way earlier", Niall explains, not being too loud.

I just stop talking afterwards. He pulls up in front of my house soon enough. Mom's car isn't in the driveway. She's probably still on her date or she's staying the night at his place. Niall parks in our driveway, turning off everything in his car. I sob lightly, as I open the passenger door. Tears are still running down my face onto the hoodie. This hoodie is ruined after tonight. I can burn this thing for Niall. He won't wear it anymore anyway. These stains will never wash out. I've tried many times before.

"I'll carry everything inside when you're under the shower, okay?", Niall asks.

I don't answer but walk up to the front door. Niall quickly unlocks the front door. Where did he get the key from? Where is my phone? And where are my keys? Niall lays his hand on my lower back in a securing way, as we enter the house.

"You should go take a shower. I'll make you a cup of tea and some snacks and I'll bring some water, too. And maybe some Advil and something to cool your head. Is your laptop in your room?", he asks, as I slip out of my shoes and continue to slouch up the stairs.