thirty-seven

I follow Mere to our room with Ryan behind us. Niall said I should come over in ten minutes because he needs to take a shower and set up Netflix, so we can watch a movie after we're done talking. Well, I hope I still want to be with him after our talk. I'm currently wearing a black Bring Me The Horizon shirt and some pajama shorts with little Stitch from "Lilo and Stitch" on them. My hair is still wet from my shower. We all decided to just watch an episode of "The Walking Dead" and just do stuff by ourselves after. Lilian and Wesley decided they'd go watch the sunset on the beach, Mia and Luke are watching TV in the living room with Conner, Ryan and Mere are going to watch some Netflix together as well, Riley and Jake are on the patio, watching the sunset, too. Niall and I are also going to watch some Netflix, if this conversation ends well. I sit down on my bed, watching the clock on my phone change to 7:13pm.

"So, what is it with Niall and you?", Ryan suddenly asks.

I look over at him and Mere, seeing her punch him in the arm. He looks at her but she just glares at him.

"We're about to find out", I just say.

I grab my earlobe, playing with my plug. My hair is all curly since I let it air dry. My natural hair is curly but I like to straighten it or straighten and then curl it because my natural curls are quite wild. I look down at my legs, feeling quite anxious. I'm kind of scared of this conversation. What if he tells me that he doesn't want to be in an official relationship with me? I know that he doesn't but hope dies at last. I go to my Instagram. I really want to post some pictures Wesley took of us girls. Lilian, Mere, Mia, Riley and I stand next to each other in our swimsuits, laughing. In one we're all laughing so hard that some of us are bending down, holding our stomachs while others just laugh and look up into the sky. We laughed that hard because a seagull stole Ryan's cap and he was chasing the bird around the beach. In the end he got it back. Quickly, I tag everyone and post the pictures. I also just scroll through my feed, seeing some celebrities posted.

"Vio, could you already leave? I don't want to be rude but Ryan and I really want to be alone right now", Mere speaks up.

I just give her a smile, grab my phone and charger and a hair tie. I close the door behind me, walking down the hallway to the staircase to go into the kitchen to eat some leftover pizza from dinner. We were too lazy to cook ourselves, so we ordered some pizza. Niall and the boys also already emptied the liquor shelves in the basement and stacked everything on the kitchen island. They also said some people from college, that Niall's friends with, are bringing some stuff. I probably will have one drink tomorrow when we celebrate into our birthdays with our friends and then at the party, I'll also just have one drink when we all say our blessings on Niall and I and that's it. I don't feel like drinking at the moment.

"What are you doing in here, all by yourself?", Conner gets me out of my thoughts.

"I got hungry and took some pizza", I explain, taking a bite after.

"Same, so how does it feel to turn 17?", he asks, opening the fridge, getting out a coke bottle.

"Just like any other day, I guess", I explain.

"Well, then enjoy your last few days as a 16 year old and have fun with Niall", he smirks, leaving the kitchen.

I roll my eyes at him and take a second piece of pizza. They're small pieces, to defend myself. I look up at the clock. Two minutes. I decide to just go to Niall's room already. I don't care, if he's done or not. I knock on the door but there is no answer. I hear the shower running from the inside. He's still in the shower. I just open the door to his room, seeing only white walls. There is a huge window wall, making the sunset visible. He also has a balcony. The accent color in this room is black, considering his sheets are black and there's a few pictures in black frames on the walls. I walk up to the window, looking outside. You look straight at the beach and ocean. The sun sets right behind it in the horizon. I decide to step out on the balcony and sit on a chair. The sunset is probably going to take another hour or so. I get out a cigarette from the pack that I stuck in my shorts pockets and light it with my almost empty lighter. I don't smoke that much anymore. It's usually only like three cigarettes a day. I used to smoke about half a pack a day when my Dad first died. Maybe I'm just happier and don't need to numb myself with nicotine anymore. There is an ashtray on the table with the chairs, so I sit down and put my feet up on the balcony railing to sit more comfortable. The ashtray has the Jägermeister symbol on it. I know Niall loves Jägermeister just like I do but honestly, I know that they won't have any here tomorrow or the next day. Not even the college kids will bring it. It's just too expensive. I suddenly hear the water stop running and look back into the room. I hope Niall has some clothes in the shower with him. My eyes fixate back on the beach. I can see two people sitting on a towel, kissing. That could be Lilian and Wesley.