thirty-two

Since Niall actually cancelled our plans to go to the game together because his parents had a quick meeting to go to and he had to take care of his sister, I got to sleep longer. I don't mind that he cancelled yesterday. I think it would've been too exhausting after setting up our equipment. A drum kit is not as easy to build up as it seems. I take a look back in the mirror. I don't really have bad under-eye circles today. Maybe I'll wear a light coverage foundation instead of a heavy one and just use a lot of concealer on my bruised eye. Mere and Mia are coming over in about an hour, so I can do their makeup for Homecoming. In return, Mia is doing our hair and Mere made some snacks. Niall said he'd pick me up at 3:30pm but I know that he will come earlier. It's currently 11:00am. I already started my makeup, so I don't have to worry about that later but I didn't apply any foundation or eyelashes yet. I'm almost finished with my eye look. I'm doing a rather smokey look with blacks and greys. In contrast to that, I'll have a very simple outfit, which makes everything tie together well.

"Violet?", I hear my Mom shout.

"Yeah?", I shout back.

"I need to talk to you for a minute!", she explains.

"Come upstairs!", I say.

Just seconds later, loud steps are heard. She knocks on my bedroom door before opening it. Her beautiful blue eyes, that sadly Wes and I didn't get, look down at me sitting in front of the full body mirror. I always do my makeup on the ground.

"I'll just sit down on your bed", she exclaims, closing the door behind her and sitting down on the edge of my bed.

Our eyes meet through the mirror. Her eyes lightly skim my body.

"You said you wanted to talk to me", I insist to know why she came to talk to me.

"Well, as you may know, I am seeing this man from work and I would love to bring him here for a dinner, so you guys can meet him. Since you aren't here next week because you're at this lake house for your birthday, I thought we could do this dinner in two weeks, a Friday. He really wants to meet you and Wesley", Mom explains, while I blending out some dark eyeshadow on my lower lash line.

"It sounds amazing! Do you want me to cook? I could make your favorite", I suggest, looking at her through the mirror.

"That would be so nice of you, Violet. His name is Tyler Johnson and he's a docter I work with often. He has a daughter. She's 16, just like you. She doesn't go to your school but she'll probably transfer to yours when Tyler and I become more serious", she smiles.

I nod and smile a bit, trying to hide the pain in my face. Well, I guess her moving on is good but what about Dad? Maybe she really had to move on to start a new mindset. Maybe this Tyler is her new dream guy. I'm happy for her. I just hope Tyler treats her well and the daughter isn't a too spoilt little brat.

"He sounds like a nice guy", I tell her, starting to do my foundation.

"He is. So, when are you coming home?", Mom asks.

"Tomorrow around 11:00am. You know, I'm staying at Niall's and we're having a movie night", I answer, giving her an innocent smile.

She chuckles lightly before answering.

"Well, you've been spending a lot of time with this Niall boy. Is there something I should know?", she wiggles her eyebrows, while getting off of my bed and walking towards the door.

"No, Mom. There is nothing special you should know", I groan.

She laughs one last time before completely leaving the room and closing the door. I continue my face makeup by putting on concealer. Blending that out, I see the bruise around my eye disappear. The power of makeup is incredible. I turn on some music and sing along. Maybe I should go through the songs again. The soundcheck yesterday went quite well. I really just hope that we sound just as good tonight. Niall even changed strings on my acoustic guitar yesterday because they were quite old and crusty. I continue singing along while blending out the concealer under my bruised eye.