Four

"Tae?" Jungkook sat down next to the said boy at the lunch table. He set down his tray that he managed to top with extra pieces of food on. "What just happened?" Jimins tray was still on the floor and the dinner lady's were only just cleaning it up.

Taehyung sat slouching at the table with a frown. Jungkook didn't like seeing him this way but he didn't know what was going on between the two.
"He probably hates me kookie" he said sadly.

"He's your best friend, he wouldn't hate you."
Jungkook would ask again what was the matter but every time he asked, Tae replied with 'just something little' or 'nothing to worry about'.

Idiot, of course it's something to worry about.

"But, seriously kookie... he might actually not want to be my best friend now" Taehyung lifted his head to Jungkook with tears eyes. Jungkooks heart shattered to see him like this, he hadn't known Taehyung for long but it was enough to fall deeply in love with him.

Taehyung actually caught Jungkooks attention when they weren't friends. He remembered the day he saw Taehyung with Jimin in class and he almost couldn't believe his eyes. Jungkook was a transfer student that came a year later than everyone else but never had he ever been so happy to transfer to a different school. Of course h lost friends form his previous school but this one.. this one had the most perfect looking human being he had ever seen. Ever since, he had eyes only for Kim Taehyung and constantly tried to make it obvious to the boy that he liked him. However, it was a pain that his crush didn't notice his signals. He often thought he was being the most blatantly obvious guy in the world, but to Taehyung, clearly it wasn't enough. One time, on Taehyungs birthday, Jungkook sent a private message to him on the minute it turned midnight, saying 'happy birthday you dork! I Love you! JK ❤️' and even then the boy shrugged it off like it was normal. Jungkook knew the two had grew closer by that stage but , how could someone be that dense?

"He'll come back around, I'm sure of it" Jungkook shook off his thoughts and focused on comforting Taehyung. "But right now, let's eat okay?"

Taehyung nodded weakly. Jungkook picked up the chopsticks and lifted a piece of meat up to Taehyungs mouth. Jungkook could have sworn the older was blushing slightly but maybe it was just warm in the canteen. Nonetheless, Taehyung opened his mouth and let Jungkook feed him. He grinned afterwards and Jungkook laughed.

"You're so cute, Tae" the younger said picking something else up for him to eat.
Taehyung giggled and opened his mouth again, waiting for him to feed him more.

Why won't he notice why I'm doing all of this?

"Are you happy now you've got food?" Jungkook laughed.

Taehyung nodded his head greedily and hummed.

"Do you like BBQ?"

"Yes! I love it!" The older grinned widely at him while he had a mouth full of food. "Why?"

Jungkook twiddled the chopsticks in his hands before facing Taehyung. "Would you like to go out for a BBQ sometime hyung?" He asked, fluttering his eyelashes, hoping that the boy would agree.

Taehyung took sometime struggling to swallow his food and Jungkook almost burst out laughing. "U-uh sure, I'd love too" Taehyungs cheeks reddened slightly and it made Jungkook wonder if his plan was finally working, whether he was actually blushing because of him. Jungkook smirked and ate some of the food himself, unaware of Tae staring at the chopsticks grazing against the youngers lips just like they did to his.

---

V quick chapter just for a smol taekook scene sorry not sorry