Thirty

Jimin quietly shut the front door and slipped into the kitchen where his mother stood cleaning dishes.

"Oh, Jimin you're back" she said as she greeted him with a smile.

He hummed in response and leaned against the kitchen work top. Jimin planned on telling his mother about Yoongi now, he had been thinking about it all evening. But it was hard to get the words out.

"Uh.. mum..." he starts, slightly shaky.

It was so nerve racking, Jimin suddenly started to wonder if his parents were against this? Had he been reading the wrong signals from them? He really hoped they would understand and love him all the same.

She turned her head back to her son. "Yes dear ?"

Should I wait? Jimin thought to himself,

Is this a bad idea?

"Well,..."

"Well what?"

Jimin was on the verge of backing out, he had to say it now or else he'll never be able to.

"I-I have a boyfriend"

The words came out a little more smoothly that Jimin had expected but he was still as shaky as ever. When his mother stopped what she was doing and turned around completely, wiping her hands on a towel to dry them as she looked her son in the eye, Jimin said a quick prayer to himself inside his head. He chewed on his bottom lip played with his fingers, dear god how he hoped his mother wouldn't turn crazy on him.

But then, all that came was—

"You do?" 

Jimins heart was still thumping madly inside his chest as he looked at his mother with glassy eyes, almost on the verge of tears. What's happening?

Eventually, He nodded.

There was a pause before she let out an "oh" then followed by another pause. "Does that mean your....?"

Jimin nodded again. He didn't know whether he should explain any more or just leave it as that. The two of them stood in the kitchen in silence.

"Is it that boy you went to see?"

A nod. "His name is Yoongi" he muttered.

"Yoongi? Ah, that's a nice name~" his mother cooed and Jimin breaks out into a little laugh and so does his mother. She smiled and holds out her arms for a hug and Jimin throws himself into her embrace, wrapping his arms tightly around her waist.

"Jimin ah, remember I love you" he said as she pats the top of Jimins head. "As long as he treats you well, it's okay"

At that Jimin begins to cry into his mothers jumper, his heart was still racing but he was so relieved and so damn happy. He was so grateful he had such a wonderful mother and he almost found it funny that he doubted her to begin with.

His mother pats his shoulder and Jimin pulls back, wiping his eyes. "I've just been making dinner, let's eat and you can tell me about him okay? Don't worry about your father, we can tell him when he comes home."

Jimin smiles and hugs his mother one last time before they set the table and begin to eat dinner.

***