Twenty Two

The next day Jimin was standing outside the music room again, peering through the glass door. That girl– Chaeyeon, was back, standing in front of Yoongi as he sat at the piano.

It was supposed to be his and Yoongis lunch time together, but Jimin didn't want to go in while she was there. So he just waited outside, eventually getting curious and trying his best to listen in. But it was hard when the walls were pretty soundproof.

As he watched through the window, Yoongis words echoed through his mind for what felt like the 30th time today.

Someone special.

That wasn't her right? Jimin began to question whether maybe the someone special Yoongi mentioned the other day was Chaeyeon.

Please tell me it's not...

Yoongi didn't talk to many girls, nor many boys, anyone apart from his friends really, only when he was forced too.  The only girl he spoke to was Chaeyeon and that was because she wanted 'help' for a piano competition.

Jimin frowned. It can't be her, he said to himself as he thought about how Yoongi hadn't shown much interest in her at all.

Jimin fell into a daze, instead of focusing on what was going on inside the room, and tried to solve the mystery of the special someone in his head.

He was that lost in space that he didn't even notice the door fling open. Jimin only came back to focus when he felt a slap to the head snap him out of his thoughts. The younger stumbles slightly to the side, holding the side of his head where he felt a sting.

"You're supposed to answer when the class president is talking to you" a voice snapped. Jimin looked to who was talking only to see Chaeyeon stood in the doorway with he hands on her hips. "I said were you eves dropping?"

"I-I.." Jimin stuttered, still not over the fact she just slapped him.

"Pathetic" she spat "boys like you don't deserve any respect."

She raised her hand to take another hit at Jimin, but mid air someone stopped her with their own. Yoongi had grabbed her wrist from behind and tugged her back so she was facing him instead.

"Don't you dare" he said sternly. Jimin whimpered beside them wondering how he made this mess. Tears suddenly brewed up, thankful that Yoongi has showed up just in time.

"Oppa, let go. He's gay, remember?!" She yelled as though that was a reasonable excuse for hitting someone.

Yoongi just scoffed. "And so am I. Are you going to hit me too?"

Chaeyeon choked on a laugh, her face shrivelling up in disgust. Yoongi dropped her arm and she stepped back with a frown before storming away.

Jimin let out a breath as though he had been holding it in and Yoongi suddenly turned, rushing towards him with concern.

"are you ok?" The older asked, his hands immediately finding their way to the back of Jimins neck.

The touch made Jimin go slightly stiff, since this was something he wasn't used to.

"Y-yeah, I think" Jimin mumbled, removing his hand from the side of his head, while Yoongi examined the area.

"Did she hit you hard?"

"Kinda.." he said after slight hesitation. Jimin chuckled, hoping he could make a joke out of it, but soon stopped when Yoongi didn't join in.

"I'm sorry i didn't come sooner" the older grumbled. "I really hate that girl"

Jimin shook his head. "It's ok, I shouldn't have been standing there..."

Yoongi I hand slid down from his neck to his shoulders where the older tugged Jimin into the music room. He lead Jimin to the seat at the piano and sat him down there. Jimin looked away from Yoongi as the room fell silent. Yoongi sat down next to him and stayed quiet, wondering if the younger was going to ask the question.

"Hyung.." Jimin asked with a slightly shaky voice. Yoongi simply nodded. "W-why didn't you tell me you... you were gay?"

"I didn't think it was something I really needed to say" Yoongi said, avoiding Jimins gaze into the side of his head. "Besides I'd thought you'd find that out eventually because—"

Jimin frowned in confusion when Yoongi stopped mid sentence. "Because what hyung?"

As if there was a delay, Yoongi paused for a moment, standing at the keys on the piano. "Nothing" He said.

Jimin let out a small "ok.." and faced the front. "How did she know... about me?" He sighed.

"She was there. At the cafe. She was with her boyfriend." Jimins head snapped back to Yoongi, his eyes widening.

"She was?" Jimin said worriedly. "Is that what you were talking about? And boyfriend... I thought she liked you?"

The older nodded. "Trying to warn me, sayings she 'cares' for me as though she wasn't just trying to steal my music. And where did you get that idea from? She's always had a boyfriend"

"Uhhh.." Jimin scratched his head. "I didn't know that.. I just assumed..." he trailed off not knowing what to say. He felt a bit awkward now that he had gotten jealous for no reason. However Yoongi just laughed, and it sort of make the situation better.

"Though.."
Jimin met Yoongi's eyes. The older seemed suddenly guilty as he took Jimins hand with both of his.
"I want you to prepare yourself for the worst, Jimin." He rubbed the youngest palm softly as Jimin frowned. "There's a chance this will spread around the school. It depends whether Chaeyeon has the guts to pass it on. I'm just saying this because I don't want you to get hurt. If anyone comes for you, I'll be there"

Jimin would be lying if he said that didn't worry him more, but on top of that he could have melted into Yoongis hand. He should feel guilty but the fact that wanted to protect him made his heart thump. Though He prayed to god that he wouldn't need to get into that situation, he hoped dearly that Chaeyeon didn't tell anyone.

Jimin shuffled closer to the older and leaned his head on his shoulder