Twenty Four

Jimin let his head drop to his desk, tugging on his hair while wishing he could just disappear.

Yes, he found out why he received stares in the lunch hall and stares in the hallway and stares in class for the rest of the day. And Yes, he couldn't be more embarrassed.
He now understood why Taehyung asked if they were a "thing".

Right now, He could heard a group of girls chatting across the room about him and Yoongi. His whole body went tense as he remained quiet to listen in on their conversation. He only heard bits but it was clearly enough to know it was about him.

"Did you see them at lunch?"

"They were holding hands"

The more the girls talked, the more Jimin was surprised. Although they weren't saying anything particularly nice, they weren't being completely horrible either. He felt a little more at ease.

"Did you see the way they looked at each other?"

"I need a boyfriend like that"

" are they dating?"

"I think they are. If not now, they will be soon "

Another comment that especially surprised him was the one that came next.

"I think they're kind of cute. They should totally get together"

Suddenly, A hand tapping on his shoulder made him jump, after he was concentrating hard on eavesdropping on the girls conversation. Jimin sat up instantly and snapped his head up to see the person who was standing over him.

A girl gasped behind him, telling her friends to look exactly where Jimin was looking, mouth hanging open. "It's Yoongi oppa" she said. "He's talking to Jimin oppa again"

Jimin glanced back to the girls who just look away quickly with giggles. Jimins cheeks flare red as he turns back to Yoongi in front of him.

"H-hyung" Jimin stuttered.

Yoongi simply smiles and takes the youngers wrist in his hand before pulling him to his feet.

"Hyung! W-what are you doing?" He asked as he was pulled out of the classroom, trying to take no notice of all the attention was was getting.

"Just come with me and you'll find out"

When they got out into the corridors and the door had safely shut behind them, Jimin wriggled out of the olders grip.

"Hyung, you can't do things like that in front of people!" He whined, cheeks tinted red.

"Why?" Yoongi asked turning back to Jimin.

"Because!" He said. "People are taking about us.."

"So what. I don't care, do you?" Yoongi began to look a bit agitated and the younger did understand why but he really couldn't feel at ease about the situation, well at least right now.

"well k-kind of! I don't want to get bullied..."

"What about when you liked Jungkook?" Yoongi suddenly snapped, making Jimin flinch.

The younger frowned, eyebrows narrowing. It was one of his faces that he made when trying to prevent himself from crying. He could feel tears building up already. Whenever someone was angry at Jimin he would get too emotional and result to crying as if it was the only option available.

"What about him?" Jimin mumbled, trying not to let his voice wobble.

"Didn't you ever think that the same thing would happen if he ever liked you back?" Yoongi said. 

Yoongi didn't emphasise the 'ever' but Jimin couldn't help feeling a tightness in his heat when the older said it. 

If he ever liked you back.

Jimin was trying so hard, so hard not to let the tears fall. His lip was trembling after digging his teeth into it so hard.

As though a invisible wave hit him, Yoongis expression immediately dropped, now looking shocked and in horror of what he just said.

"Jimin, I'm so sorry—"

The younger stepped back slowly from Yoongi as a couple of tears fell from his eyes.

"Jimin" he tried again stepped closer only to see Jimin turn around and dash down the corridor.

Jimin rushed into the toilets and locked himself in a cubicle. Sniffles fill the empty room as he tries desperately to wipe away the tears.

Class was about to start soon and if he came in late that would be even more embarrassing.

Is this what Min Yoongi is really like? He thought in his head, imagining that if he was to say it aloud it would be in an angry tone.

Quick, just stop crying!

"Jiminnie, your boyfrie—" the voice said swinging the door open but suddenly stopped mid sentence when he heard the sound of crying. "Oh god, Jimin are you okay?"

Taehyung. Someone who he was actually grateful to hear.

"Yoongi told me to check on you I didn't know you were crying, what's the matter?" His best friend said as he knocked on the cubicle door.

Jimin unlocked the door and slowly pushed it open with his head down. Taehyung had seen him crying many times before, and he was always there to cheer him up again, but it was still embarrassing to cry in front of someone.

Taehyung frowned at the sight of his best friend and wrapped his arms around the boy as he came out of the toilet. He squeezed him into a hug and patted his back gently before pulling away and taking a look at the smaller.

"What's up, Jiminnie?hm?"

Jimin shook his head, afraid that if he does speak he'll cry harder.

"Want to tell me later?" Taehyung asked, rubbing Jimins arm gently. "Or not at all?"

Jimin continued to sniffle and wipe his eyes. "Later" He croaked.

"Okay," Taehyung said with a soft voice. "I'll wait with you until you've stopped crying and then we can go back to class"

As his lip trembled, Jimin snaked his arms around Taehyung waist and hugged him, pressing his wet cheek against the boy's shirt. "T-thank yo-you"

Taehyung laughed softly and hugged his friend back.

***

"For f-heavens sake!" He grumbled to himself as the boy disappeared out of his sight. "You have to ruin everything don't you!"

Yoongi remained standing there for a while long debating whether he should kick the wall or punch it, until someone came out of the classroom and made him flinch.
He glanced to the student who was stood watching him, before looking away and sighing. Out of all people, they were the one that showed up in front of him.

"Hyung.." the said stepping out of the doorway and closer to Yoongi, making sure the door was firmly shut behind him. "Jimin... liked me?"