Seventeen

"I d-don't know h-h-how to kiss!" Jimin sobbed in a muffled voice.

Jimin cried into his hands, too afraid to take them away. Great, he thought, Yoongi is going to think I'm a cry baby.

He felt Yoongis hand on his shoulder, gently rubbing up and down as if that would help calm him down.

"What?" Yoongi asked. "What are you on about?"

Jimin didn't reply but shook his head instead and only cried more.

"Jimin..." Yoongi said, confused and concerned. "Sweetheart, why are you crying?"

Jimin pulled his head up from his head, momentarily stopping the tears but the sniffles kept going.
"W-what did you j-just call me?"

Yoongis mouth parted.

"I called you Jimin" he chuckled slightly "isn't that your name?"

"O-oh" Jimin stammered "Yeah..b-but–"
He shook his head and put it back in his hands. "Nevermind"

"What's wrong, Jimin?" Yoongi asked again.

Jimin ignored the older once again. His sleeves were becoming more damp by the second. Yoongi hated seeing the boy like this.

The older moved his hands so he was carefully running his fingers through the boy's hair. When Jimin didn't make a move to stop him, Yoongi carried on and played gently with Jimins hair in attempt to soothe him.
He smiled softly when he saw Jimin slowly relax his body and when his winces became quieter and quieter.

He wanted to ask again but decided there was no use if Jimin kept ignoring him. So he kept quiet and continued stroking the boy's hair until he felt calmer, calm enough to talk then.

Jimin sniffled as he wiped the tears from his eyes and gradually met eyes with Yoongi through his bangs. He was hoping the older wouldn't be able to see his puffy eyes and red blotchy cheeks.

Yoongi noticed Jimins eyes were beginning to close every now and then, where he would instantly re open them  only to do the same over and over again.

"You're tired" Yoongi said softly.

"I-I'm f-fine" the younger said after some hesitation.

"You're dropping off"

"Crying m-makes me sleepy" Jimin insisted.

Yoongi didn't go any further with that, even if he knew Jimin had looked tired even before he started to cry. Yoongi wished he could just take the boy home and put him to bed to rest.

After several more minutes went by, and Yoongi still twirling Jimins locks around his finger, both of them felt like they needed to say something.

But at the same time they were both happy enjoying the silence. Jimin felt calmer being petted and Yoongi was simply happy to be the one doing the petting. Yoongi smiled as he watched Jimin lean in to his hand.

Yoongi wished he could just know automatically what Jimin was thinking, so that he wouldn't have to say it out loud. But unfortunately, Yoongi wasn't a mind reader.

"Jimin" he spoke up after a while. "What did you mean... by 'I don't know how to kiss'?"

The younger swallowed and fiddled with his fingers. "I panicked"