Eight

"So Jimin," Jungkook started, flashing a devilish smile as he sat ontop of Taehyungs desk.

It was early in the morning, the three of them had just arrived at school and were now waiting for the bell to ring.

Jimin lifted his head, giving Jungkook a signal to continue.

"You and Yoongi are pretty close now, huh?"

Jimin scoffed "why does everyone keep saying that?"

"Uhh, maybe because the both of you keep disappearing together at lunch time?"

When Jimin heard Taehyung snicker at the youngers comment he sent him a glare  before he turned his attention back to Jungkook.

"If you put it like that it sounds weird! Don't say things like that" Jimin frowned, slightly embarrassed as he noticed a few other classmates turn their heads to them.
"Be quiet ok?"

"I'm not wrong though am I?"

---

Jimin was sat in the music room once again with Yoongi, both of their hands on the piano keys.

"Then press E" Yoongi instructed and watched as Jimin did just that. "Now repeat everything we just did"

Jimin bit his lip and looked down to the keyboard. He pressed a key and hoped it was the right one.

"You don't remember it do you?" Yoongi laughed.

Jimin stayed quiet but shook his head in embarrassment.

"That's ok" Yoongi said and ruffled Jimins hair with a smile.
"I was like that to begin with"

Although Jimin wasn't that interested in piano, he was having fun with Yoongi and enjoyed their time together whether it was when he tried to teach Jimin how to play or when they simply talked.

It had been a week since the first time they came in the music room and Jimin was blessed by the oldest talent. Now every day Jimin met Yoongi in the same room and spent their lunch together there.

Jimin noticed Yoongi never really had took much to eat at lunch, whereas Jimin always had a milkshake and something to eat. He guessed that was why the older was so skinny. Jimin often shared his food with Yoongi as they sat on the floor and talked.

"You seem to be doing better recently"

Jimin looks up to the oldest words, his cheeks stuffed with food. He chews and swallows before he replies. "What do you mean?"

"Jungkook" Yoongi says simple. That's all he needed really, Jimin understood of course. Yoongi kept his eyes on the food, which was a shame because Jimin had grown a liking to when Yoongi looked at him.

"Ah" the younger chewed on his lip slightly. For some reason it felt a little more awkward talking about his crush on Jungkook, I must be doing well with moving on.

Just thinking about it made Jimin question himself– why do I like him?

"Yeah" Jimin continued after he realised he had paused for slightly too long. "I think because I've just accepted that Tae and Kook like each other... it sort of makes it easier, you know?"

Yoongi nodded and seems to stare at his shoes as he chews.

"Instead of lying to myself that it's not true, it's better if I just accept it" Jimin smiles although he knows the older isn't looking, but at least he can feel his self confidence rising just a little bit. Maybe, he's doing better than he thought.

"That's good" Yoongi said, he finally looks up and smiles. It makes Jimin feel a bit better.

"Oh! Hyung, I forgot to ask but... when was that concert you and Hoseok hyung was talking about? Just to get ahead of the dates.."

Yoongi gazes up to the ceiling as if he's thinking the answer through in his head.

"I mean... if you can't remember now hyung, you can always text me the date sometime"

"I don't have your phone number" Yoongis eyes return back to the younger. Jimin chuckles and rolls his eyes.

"I know" he said and reaches into his pocket, pulling out his phone and unlocking it. "I'll give it to you now. Quick, get your phone out"

Yoongi almost hesitates for a second before he pulls out his and does the same. He waits when he gets to the 'new contact' screen, waiting for the younger to read out the numbers one by one. The Jimin does so and Yoongi makes sure he typed in every number correctly before putting it away.

"Now you can send me whatever details there are" Jimin grins, causing his eyes to turn into little half moons.

Yoongi reaches to the boys head once again and ruffles Jimins thick hair. Jimin almost leans into his hand. "Will do"

Once finished eating, Jimin lies back on the floor, arms spread out by the side of him. He sighs.

Wow. Who'd have guessed I, Park Jimin, would have got Min Yoongis number so easily.

I wonder if he'll text me tonight?

Jimin smiled as he thought to himself. He and Yoongi were pretty good friends now, jimin liked it that way. To be brutally honest, there were some things Jimin didn't want anyone else to experience with him. It was nice to know Yoongi wanted to be with him, and him only at lunch times, for some reason it made him feel quite special.
Not to mention these lunchtime meet ups had made him feel hella a lot better about the whole Jungkook situation. Jimin also had Yoongi to thank for that.

"What are you thinking about?" Yoongi chuckled and Jimin looks across to him. "What's making Park Jimin smile so much?"

Did he do that on purpose??

Can he read minds?

Jimin laughs a little, trying to hide the awkwardness of what might come next . "You actually.."

Jimin sat up as he saw Yoongis jaw drop slightly. He was just as surprised to hear it just as much as Jimin was surprised he said it.

"Not in a weird way!" Jimin quickly says just to clear up some confusion, that's if Yoongi thought of it in the wrong way. "It's just– what I wanted to say was... thank you for helping me"

Yoongis face softened, he tilted his head and smiled.

"You've helped me a lot already... which is why I'm grateful to you Hyung"

"S'okay" Yoongi replied. "You're worth the time"

---

Just a quick update hh