Heated and Boiled

Dice felt off about Mugman working with them at night. Sure the boy seen his and Devil's relationship, but something doesn't add up. In the beginning he was scared to death about telling. Now... Something was off.

"Don't forget to sweep the floor, kid.." Ordered Dice.

"Y-yes sir.." Muttered Mugman, grabbing the broom and begins to sweep. Dice watched him closely. He can see the Mugs's still wearing bandages on his body under his uniform. He thought Devil did that to him, but what exactly? Dice never witnessed Mugman's punishment, so he doesn't know. Sighing, Dice walks to the break room and sits on the couch. It must of been hours cause Dice fell asleep on the couch.

"....s......si...sir....SIR!!" Yelled Mugman, waking up Dice.

"Buahahhh!!! Huh?!" Dice shakes himself awake, now seeing Mugman in front of him.

"Mr. King Dice sir, I'm done sweeping the casino..." Said Mugs.

"Huh..." Dice looked at the clock; 2:36 am, " well you can rest for a bit before you can go home, I bet it's quite a walk there..."

"It is... A little..." Mugman sat next to Dice on the couch. He can feel Dice's green eyes staring at him deeply. He gulps. "I-is something wrong?"

"Hmm... Take off your shirt..." Said Dice. Mugman looked at him in shock.

"W-w-what!?"

"Did I stutter?" Dice looked at him darkly. Gulping and scratching his eyepatch, Mugman faced him and slowly took off his shirt. His hands were shaking and he shivers in fear. Dice watched him closely. When the shirt was off, Dice reached for him. Mugman tried to move away only to fall back on the coach. Next thing he knew, Dice hovered over him.

"Stay...still...kid..."

"P-p-please don't h-hurt me!!!!"

"SHUT UP!!!" Dice yelled, making Mugman shut his mouth tight, only making soft whimpers. Dice took the bandage wraps and rips them off. His eyes widen with horror. Devil had carved into Mugman's body leaving deep, untended wounds. On Mugs's chest, only two words:

DEVIL'S
SLAVE

Dice covered his mouth. He knew Devil could do such things. He had done it to Dice before. But these wounds showed hatred, disgust, and no mercy.

"S-s-sir..they hurt..." Cried Mugman.

"....Cover yourself... I'll get the first-aid kit..." Dice said as he walks out out of the break room. As Dice walks down a hallway, Devil stops him.

"I know that look... You saw the kid's chest, didn't you?"

"...what...the ACTUAL HELL DEV!!! Those cuts were deeper than mine!!! And for fucks sakes, HES A KID!!!! COULDNT YOU JUST BREAK HIS BONES OR SOMETHING!?!? HELL, YOU TOOK OUT HIS FUCKING EYE!!!" Devil stared at Dice in shock. Dice huffed. "I'm getting the first-aid, cause if he's working here EVERY NIGHT, I don't want my employee passing out from pain and weakness..." Dice said as he storms off. Devil followed.

"....Did I do it too much?"

"YES !!!"

"Hey, don't blame me Dicey, he was asking for it. Seriously, if anyone finds out about us," Devil grabs Dice by the arm, "those bastards will use it against us!!! We already lost to them, do you want to be humiliated by them again!?" Dice looked to his feet. Sighing, Devil hugs Dice and kisses him. "Got get the kit... Tend his wounds.."

"Yes sir..."  Dice sighed and grabbed the kit and walked back to Mugman. He still sat on the couch but now is shivering. Dice feels his cheek; hot. Dice first cleans the wounds, despite Mugman's cry of pain, and puts ointment. The. He wraps new bandages on Mugs.

"You...didn't need to do that, Mr. King Dice..."

"I was told to... I'm taking you home.." Taking off his coat and wrapping it around Mugs, he take him into his arms and teleports to the closest Die House where Mugman lives. Dice walked the rest of the way there. Crickets chirped and some frogs too. The sky was clear and the stars shined. The moon was full, and was kind enough to light the way. Dice looks at the boy in his arms; asleep in his coat, peaceful.

"I don't know how you do it, kid... Even now, in the arms of someone who wants to break your porcelain head, you sleep soundly... I'm quite jealous of you..." Dice thought as he finds the cottage. Teleporting inside, Dice quietly walks up,the stair and into the bedroom. He noticed Cuphead in a leg cast, bandages, and a eyepatch as well. Tucking in Mugman, Dice takes off Mugs' eyepatch and found out the his eye lid was open, showing a faint white pupil-like dot.

"I know we can regenerate, but this...is kind of creepy.." Dice thought as he closes the eyelid and teleports back to the Die House. Devil was there.

"So?"

"...you don't wanna know..."