News of Betrayal

Cuphead would sit at Ghiberti pier and watch the waves flow. He thought about Mugman. He thought about his betrayal to him and everyone they knew. Tears flowed down his cheeks as he clenched his fist and scream at the sea. It's been a month since he seen Mugman. He did never return home. And everyone asks for him.

"H-heya Cuppy.." Said a familiar voice. Cuphead turns to see Sally Stageplay. She sits next to him and sighs.

"Are you gonna ask?" Grimly said Cuphead, giving her a side glance.

"Everyone asked Kettle, and even he doesn't know..." Said Hilda, who floated down on a cloud. "Only you know what happened..."

"You really want to know what happen? Well, Mugman works for the fucking Devil.." Both women gasped. "And he's a traitor..." Cuphead whispered the last part.

"Oh no!!! T-there's have to be an explanation for this!!!" Cried out Sally.

"This isn't the Mugman we know, there has to be a way to find out what the hell is going on." Yells Hilda.

"Sally, warn everyone, even if they don't believe it... Hilda, I want to ask you something..." Cuphead said as he watches Sally run to town.

"What?" Asked Hilda, crossing her arms.

"What were you actually doing the night I found Mugs at the casino?" Cuphead asked, voice deep with anger. He watches Hilda hesitate a bit.

"That's my business, Cu-"

"ANSWER ME YOU LYING SLUT!!!" Yelled Cuphead, aiming at Hilda, eyes filled with pure rage and hatred. Hilda was scared for her life.

"Ok!! OK!!!! I'll tell you, damn!!! I was visiting my boyfriend Mr. Wheezy!!!" Yells Hilda, covering her face. Cuphead slowly lowered his finger at looked at Hilda in shock.

"You're dating a cigar!?"

"S-so?"

"Does he talk about stuff at the casino?"

"Well, gossip and rumors yeah.."

"Like?"

"Well, usual casino gossip like customers, and tumors about Dice and Devil.." Cuphead looked curious. He leaned closer.

"What about those two?"

"Well, Wheezy told me that they kinda are a thing, like lovers or something... But he wasn't sure about it, but he said only Mugs know..." Cuphead eyes widen. A memory play in his head. The day Mugs stabbed his eye out when he wanted to "rescue" him.

I saw too much... I saw too much, now I pay the price...

"Mugman said that he knew something... Something about those two being lovers..." A grin slowly creeped it way onto his face. "He's a demon of their secret relationship... He traded his soul for a stupid secret that no one would care about?! Oh he's gonna get it... And so are those two loverboys~"