New You

Few days past, and Mugman didn't mind sleeping in the break room. Of course, it bothered the other casino employees. Out of all the employees, Mr. Wheezy the cigar was the one to stand up for Mugs. One night, Wheezy asked Mugman to meet him at the bar.

"Ah, ya made it kid~" said Wheezy, cleaning the cups behind the bar. Mugman sag on one of the stools.

"You wanted me sir?"

"I was thinkin.. Ya know how to make some drinks?" Asked Wheezy. Mugs shook his head.

"I'm usually on the floor.."

"Ah, don't worry, I'll teach ya!! Wash your hands and grab the bottle o'er there." Mugman did what he was told and no sooner they made many variety of drinks and cocktails.

"This is kinda fun, Mr. Wheezy, how come the Tipsy Gang didn't teach me?" Asked Mugman while cleaning some cups.

"Honestly, most of the others don't like you or Cuphead 'cause you kick our asses and made us looked like fools. The reason I forgive ya is 'cause... Well, being stomped on by King Dice was more hurtful to ma pride than you defeat'n me."

"Oh..."

"B-but look kid, at least you have one friend here!" Wheezy smiled. Slowly, Mugman smiled back. It was a happy smile. Wheezy nodded in satisfaction when he noticed Devil and Dice head towards the break room and locking the door.

"So those two are hittin' it off?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"Like.. The big boss and Dice are a thing right?" Mugs gulped.

"W-what gave y-you that idea, M-Mr. Wheezy sir?" Mugman asked nervously.

"Well, it was long ago when Dice told me he has feelings for someone... But he was very nervous about it, so I asked who was his crush. Then he whispered to ma ear saying 'Dev'.. It took me 'while to figure out who da hell he was talkin' about until later to find out that's what he calls our boss for short. I'm not judging, but I thought he could do better." Mugman giggle. Wheezy raised his brow.

"Sorry, heheh, I said the same thing once~" giggled Mugman. Wheezy chuckled with him.

"Heheh, hey kid.. Why are eyes different color?" Asked Wheezy curiously. Mugman looked at his reflection at his his violet and blue eyes.

"It.. It healed at way... I don't know wh-" Mugman went to rub his cheek when he noticed in the reflection that he... Has claws... Scared, Mugs looked at his hands. His claws were short and dull, but he didn't notice them. Suddenly, Mugman felt arms hugging him. He looks you to see Wheezy with a sad and concerned look.

"Shhh... You're ok, kid, you're ok..." Wheezy said soothingly, despite having a chainsmoker's voice. He took one of Mugman's hand into his and gave it a small squeeze. "It's a change that happens here at da casino, kid, it doesn't hurt but it's your voice to accept it. I didn't cause I dint want to, so it your choice..."

"My...choice....?" Mugman looked at his hand. Suddenly he hears Cuphead's voice somewhere in his memories.

Demon... Your no longer my family anymore.... Demon... Demon...

"My choice huh?... Well," Mugman's eyes glowed and soon his claws turned from short and dull to long and sharp, "I've chosen..."

Ok, side note, some of the non-bodied characters of my choosing have a body. Just to throw it out there.