Devil's Due

Dice did stay the week in Hell with Devil, but he soon had to leave. Devil practically clinger to Dice's leg when he was leaving. Dice laughed it off and promised to write letters about him and the baby. Devil sighed and agreed and would have have imps send him letters too..... That was a month ago....

Devil was waiting for a letter from Dice as usual. But no letter came. Nor the day after, or after that. Devil began to worry about Dice, so he sent a minion to check on him. Hours past and Devil was getting anxious. Mugman would show up for work, but mostly to check on him. For someone who's now a demon and has no soul, Mugman was Devil's greatest comfort. He and Dice are sorta alike. Spade still hangs around the casino, but Devil got bored of him not doing anything. So he hired Spade to be the casino bouncer, which Spade to without argument. Despite hating him for what he did to Dice, he didn't mind a good wallop to watch. The next day the imp returns, but... Something was wrong...

"M-my lord.... I-I've brought news...." Whimpered the imp.

"How's Dice? Is he alright?? Was he just busy with work???" Devil blurted out form being impatient. The imp looked at him n confusion. "Go on, SPIT IT OUT DAMMIT!!!"

"Y-YES MY LORD!!!!....-clears throat- Dice...is fine... B-but...." Devil's ears perks up and his eyes narrowed. The imp can feel the air around him get heavy and dark. Devil loomed over the imp, who coward beneath him.

"But...what?" Devil growled deeply.

"T-there have been an accident.... At t-the casino.... A-and Dice-" Devil grabs the imp and slowly squeezes him.

"TAKE ME TO HIM NOW!!!!"

-later into the city-

Devil made his way towards the casino. Everyone around him coward in fear of his presence. The imp rushed ahead towards the casino doors and opens them for Devil. Entering, Devil looks around. There was charred areas, broken tables and chairs, and some blood here and there. Devil huffed as one of the employees approached him.

"Are you Dev?" They asked. Devil slowly nodded. "Come with me..." Devil soon followed the employee to the back rooms of the casino. There were medics everywhere. The employee opens a door for Devil. Inside was Dice, sitting up on the bed, a doctor tending his... Broken off arm and head piece. Devil rushed to Dice's side, worried. Scared. Dice showed no expression at all, just dull shock.

"Are you Dev, sir?" Asked the doctor.

"Yes, what the hell happened?!?!" Yelled Devil.

"Easy sir!! You must stay calm... Sigh, the casino was attacked by some rivalry gang, killing innocent people... King Dice here was helping customers away from the scene when he got cause in the crossfire... The fugitives trapped him and... Belated him nearly until death... And to my recent discovery.... I didn't know he was with child..."

"W....was?"

"The child sadly died within... I had to remove them from Dice... It was a girl... Poor child...." Devil stood there in shock. Slowly hugging Dice, who finally responded and hugged back, Devil cried on him.

"My child...our daughter... Is no more.... Dice...our baby...." Whimpered Devil. Dice looked at him in silence. Devil seeped more and more. Dice just sat there, lifeless and dull. His eyes didn't shine like before. They darkened. And soon, much more will too...