Chapter 1 : Away from home

A/N: first ever Jookyun fic! I hope you like it ^^ and the pic above is how Changkyun looks like in this fic ^^

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Changkyun

I ran.

I ran as fast as I could from the destruction that was ripping my pack apart. Everyone was attacked and killed by the enemy pack that invaded our territory. Our alpha was killed the moment he stepped outside of the packhouse, he was killed by a big looking beast that was unmistakably the alpha of the enemy pack that invaded us.

My God...

He was so huge... taller and stronger. 

I remember the look of horror that my mom gave me when she first saw the alpha beast devour our alpha in front of everyone. The whole pack panicked at the sight of the beast tearing off our alpha's limbs in a  violent, gruesome way. Screams of terror filled my ears just when other wolves came to attack us, that's when my mom gathered all the courage she could muster to fight, to protect the pack, her friends, and to protect me, her son.

She yelled at me to run away as far as I could, away from the pack and away from the enemy. At first, I couldn't stop crying because I was too scared to run off on my own with no idea where to go. I was scared because I knew my mom would die if I leave her behind.

The wolves fighting alongside my mom, the loyal betas and alphas of our pack told my mom to take me as far as she could and that's what she did. We both ran to the north as fast as we could. We crossed the territory bridge to enter the human territory and that's when we heard the enemy running and howling behind us.

My mom urged me to keep running while she stayed to fight. I wanted to object and stay with her but she pushed me forward and down the hill. She screamed that she loved me and that I should always remember her and where I came from.

When I landed on the end of the hill, I heard the fight that just started and fear started to slither up in my mind when I heard my mom scream in pain when a whole hoard of wolves jumped on her and bite her flesh. She screamed for me to keep running.

So, I ran.

I ran as fast as I could, away from the pack territory. I ignored the tears that were streaming down my cheeks because I needed to focus on running away, I needed to reach the humans. I knew I will be safe among them.

I pushed my human legs to run fast, thinking if I should try my luck into shifting on my wolf form... I never succeeded in fully transforming myself into my wolf form because it simply hurts too much... In general, the transformation hurts, obviously, but I was too much of a wimp and my mother always pampering me, she never helped me overcome that issue. 

My mom was a strong alpha woman, unlike me, I'm only a weak omega. I regret not learning how to shift into my wolf form, at least not fully... I can but it hurts too much and I don't last long. I regret not learning how to fight... I regret a lot things in my life.

So, I had to push my weak human legs to run, to save my life from the enemy that was catching up to me. I crossed the whole forest and the only thing to cross was a river that led to the human territory that consisted of houses and stores. Perfect to take refuge!