Chapter 11: Part II. Dead

A/N: ENJOY! Sorry for the mistakes. Ignore them. Follow, like and comment pls. Huge thanks to my friend Melanie, Min and AJ. Luv you gurls ❤️

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :. ───

Changkyun

His feet were hurting so much from running but he knew he couldn't stop. He promised Ki that he would reach the bridge no matter what. So far the omega he lost the wolves that were chasing him and ever since then he hasn't encountered any rogues and that was hella good. Changkyun could move on without any worries.

Kihyun linked him a few minutes ago and told him everything. Kyun knew that Jooheon's pack was already on the move and almost caught Ki, he knew that Ki managed to get away with a few injuries and that two werewolves from the human territory are helping him survive.

Kihyun is alright.

And yess... Kihyun told Kyun about the idea of faking his own death, the female omega Kihyun met will help him stage his murder and all, he also told Changkyun that he should do the same thing ... but Changkyun had no idea how he should do that.. so until he comes up with an idea he kept running towards the bridge. That's his goal at the moment and he wanted to focus on that.

He was near and all he needed to do was run across an open field up the hill and cross the damn bridge ... it was that close and Changkyun could already breathe the same air that the humans do. Changkyun ran and whilst he was doing it his foot cramped up causing him to fall on his face.

It was embarrassing really but the omega didn't care, he just wanted to get up from the ground and keep on running but before he could prop himself up his nose caught a whiff of a strange scent that was spreading throughout the air... a very heavy scent that screamed bloodthirst and lust. It was the kind of scent that causes a helpless omega to freeze. Changkyun's muscles atrophied and his heart instead of racing it went dangerously slow. His eyes widened as they did in the silly cartoons when he warily scanned his surroundings to find no one around.

Changkyun thought of making a quick run for it cuz the bridge was just up the hill but he was damn sure something was out there watching him, hunting him. He didn't have a death wish just yet so he needed to clear his head and push away all his fears and worries away so that he can concentrate on what's happening.

As Kihyun said, omegas can perceive danger and Changkyun was indeed perceiving it like crazy, the only thing bothering him was that he didn't know where the hunter was. Kihyun also said that omegas can run faster when they are in danger and so far his short legs had carried him far but now that he tried to get on his feet he felt his legs waddle. His legs were exhausted, he was exhausted.

He ran himself ragged.

'Damn it all' he thought but he maintained his calm and focused on resting his legs a little so that he can run to that stupid bridge. He tried to suck in some fresh air so that his lungs could recover from all the strain he has put on them, he tried to keep his eyes to his surroundings and amazingly his eyes met bright red eyes that were shining in the shadows, watching him like prey.

Kyun swallowed hard when he was looking directly into the rogues glowing eyes, he realized he was a distance away so he could run and make it up the hill if he just runs fast. He readied himself without losing eye contact with the bloodthirsty wolf that was watching him and when he felt that he was ready to run he made a run for it to the hill. His heart was pounding and his legs were moving, the rogue pushed himself from the shadows and went after Changkyun at full speed ready to maul the omega.