Chapter 40: Alone in the forest

A/N: I wasn't planning on writing again, but there was 'One'message from a reader that really moved me and motivated me to continue. It was sweet and overall kind. It really cheered me up. So for that reader, I decided to write this chapter.

I will write whenever I want, so don't bother me with needy updates. 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Changkyun 

Weeks have passed in the blink of an eye for everyone and still no news or rogues. Then the pack leaders formed groups of betas and omega's to search the human territory ... why them? Well, because they are much more subtle than the big angry alphas. Anyway, the search went smoothly but they didn't find anything suspicious, so they will keep looking. 

I, on the other hand, have been trying my best to keep Felix in line and in class and in training, I have been so occupied with him that I haven't had any time to spent with Jooheon ... who was also very busy handling the search units with the other pack leaders. 

We celebrated Christmas with all the allied packs! It was nice to see my friends from the Crescent Moon and nice to kiss Jooheon under a mistletoe. The presents were great and the food made by the packs was amazing! 

We all had a great time and it was nice to see that all the leaders were taking a break from the rogue incident. Everyone had fun and the other day everyone went back to work. 

I was taking a walk with Kihyun around our pack's small town, both of us were wearing oversized parkas and winter boots because it was too darn cold outside. We were at the market buying fresh ingredients to make potato chicken soup for everyone at the packhouse, everyone was craving for something warm on a snowy day, so why not.

Kihyun and I were also talking about the possibility of the girls being bad people, well mostly me, and the conversation wasn't going anywhere.

"I'm just saying that it could be possible!" I yelled at the very furious Kihyun that was having none of Aerum and Jangmi being bad guys. He was too attached to these girls and wouldn't accept such a lie about them because he raised them to be good girls...

Kihyun scoffed and moved on without me, I rolled my eyes and followed him still talking about the topic in hand "We don't know a single thing about them Kihyun! Everything they told us was a lie! They don't live at the border, Mim said so!"

"Doesn't mean they are with the bad guys."

"Maybe they are! They found a picture of us there, Kihyun, a picture we took after our job interview which is weird."

"Maybe they left it there by accident?" he tried but I grabbed his arm and pulled him back so that he could face me directly "I don't think so Ki ... you have to admit that it is weird that MiMi found that picture in that old abandoned house... that it could mean that someone is watching us!"