Chapter 7

After what seemed about 2 minutes of shaking. The teacher speaks.

"Class, its over. You can get up. If you can, call your parents and family to tell them that you're okay."

I quickly take my phone out and still I have no service. I look over at Austin who is looking at his phone with a confused face. Then I notice the rest of the class has a confused face.

"Okay. It seems like there is a outage of wifi. The main cell tower must be down." The teacher says.

Just about 5 seconds after the teacher spoke, more shaking began. It must be aftershocks.

"Everyone, down again."

I do as the teacher says and I get under the table. The table's front is covered so my back is leaving up against it. Austin gets under after I do and he puts his arm around me. He hugs me tight. No matter how annoying Austin is, I need this. I hugged him back. I honestly rather be in Zion's arms though.

"It's going to be okay, Jaz." Austin said.

I nod. The shaking stops and then we hear talking on the speakers, but its staticky.

"Ev-one get t- caf-eria!" The person on the speakers.

Everyone got to the cafeteria and immediately Zion came up to me and hugged me. I hugged him back. I really needed him.

"Are you okay? Oh my god. Please don't tell me you got hurt!" Zion said frantically.

"Zi, I'm fine!" I say to calm him down.

Zion just looked at me and I was confused. Before I was about to say something, Zion kissed me. Now it makes sense. I kissed back. We both pull away and smile. He then grabs my hand and pulls me to his table where the rest of the boys were. Brittany was there and there weren't any seats left so Zion pulled me onto his lap. He hugged my waist. I felt happy.

"Is everyone okay?" The principal asks.

Everyone started murmuring.

"Well, I hope you are all okay, but- we heard news that it is extremely dangerous outside. And only a few people can go home. I will read off names." The principal says.

Everyone gets quiet.

"Andrew Thompson, Zoe Mayers, Brandon Arreaga, Edwin Honoret, Zion Kuwonu, Jasmine Niels, Nick Mara, Austin Porter, Layla McGreen, and Brittany Houston. You should leave as soon as possible." The principal says. We all get up and make out way to the exit. Zion holds my hand on the way out. Suddenly Brittany pushes me out of the way and onto the ground. She holds on to Zion's hand and looks at me. I smile at her and get up. The boys must suspect something cause they're basically holding me back. But then Brandon sees how uncomfortable I am, so he walks ahead a bit and calls me over to him. I slightly jog up to him and he grabs onto my waist and walks with me outside. Once we get outside he begins to talk.

"So, what's up with you and Brittany?" Brandon asks.

"I honestly don't know. I guess she doesn't like to see me with you guys." I say truthfully.

"Oh. Wanna walk home or drive?" Brandon asks.

"Drive. I want to go home asap!" I say.

Brandon chuckles a bit and then walks to his car.

"You brought your car today? Wow. Look at you!" I say teasing him.

"Oh hush." Brandon says.

We both get in and wait for the boys to come out. Edwin then gets in the car while the rest of the boys pile into Zion's car. I take my phone and see that I have some wifi. I decide to text my mom and tell her everything that happened. The car starts and we drive back to the boys' house. Once we get back, Brandon walks me to my house. I open the door and proceed to say bye to him, but he cuts me off.