Chapter 26 | Misery At Its Finest

"Breathing, opening my eyes every day, barely getting through each day. I couldn’t tell you that those things were harder than dying."
-Jonghyun, Breath

•••

Liam's Pov

I feel so stupid. I thought this party was for me. Akala ko, finally they took a time and effort for me. I thought finally they actually care. But no, fucking no. It's still about them and him. I put on this formal wear for them, inayos ko buhok ko, then this. Mukha akong tanga.

"Liam!" I slam shut the door of Clyde's car, dahil sa tumawag sa akin. Lumingon ako to see my bullshit of a family, making their way towards me.

"Bakit mo 'yun ginawa?" Galit na sigaw ni Joan, that echoes through out the parking lot.

"Of course you won't know, when did was the last time you guys actually gave a fuck?" Walang gana kong tanong. "And are you really that dumb to ask me that question? Isn't that little show I put on not enough for an answer? Aren't half of those people reporters? Ayaw niyo 'yun? Tomorrow's head line will be, Youngest son of the Breeze turns out to actually hate them, Breeze family is bunch of hypocrite fakes, that Breeze are---"

"Stop! You're such a disgrace, Liam!" Dad cut me off, glaring at me. I let out a dry laugh and roll my eyes.

"A worthless piece of trash, the black sheep, useless problem child? Na isa akong malaking ka hihiyan sa inyong perpektong pamilya?" I said in a boring tone, shoving my hands on the pocket of my slacks.

"What happened to you? What happened to that boy who's sweet and---"

"You killed him." I firmly said word by word, cutting off Joan. "He died, the moment his mom died too. His mom who's loving, sweet and caring. You're looking for him huh? Mom. Well the Liam you are talking about died when the old you died too! The old you who actually cares about her family, not the you now who's so selfish and only cares about her pleasures and own happiness!" Sigaw ko, earning a hard slap form my mother.

Tears are stinging my eyes and they desperately wanted to get out, pero pinigilan ko. I looked at her, with full of hatred and there was a regret in her watery eyes. Too late, mom.

"Thanks, that was the best birthday gift ever." Sarkastiko kong sabi, running my fingers through my hair, walking away from where they are.

Tumigil ako sa pag lalakad, kung na saan naka tayo si Clyde throwing his car key sa paanan niya. Finally, making my out of the parking lot.

"Liam, wait."

"What!?" I snap at Tiffany, who was now following me, along the side walk. She jumped a little dahil sa gulat.

"Just leave me alone."

"Pero,"

"Hindi ka ba nakaka intindi? Na kuha mo na gusto mo diba?! Tapos na 'yung punyetang project na 'yan, now get the hell out of my system and leave me alone!" Sigaw ko. She backs away, turning around and walking away from me.

Habang nag lalakad, hinubad ko 'yung suit ko. Hinagis ko 'yun, while shouting out all my frustrations. My face tainted with my stupid tears, who finally decided to went out of my eyes. Tumigil ako sa pag lalakad, sitting on the gutter of the side walk. Kinuha ko 'yung cellphone ko sa bulsa ng pantalon ko. I unlock it, clicking the speed dial contact which was, Sandrew.

He wasn't picking up. If it doesn't end up on voice mail, it says that it's out of coverage area. Kaya si Ace naman tinawagan ko, and it's the same. Why aren't they picking up, where I needed them the most? Mga walang kwentang kaibigan. Guess I'll be miserable alone.