Chapter 44 | Home

Chapter 44 | Home

"Don't pay no mind to the demons they fill you with fear
Trouble it might drag you down
If you get lost you can always be found
Just know you're not alone
Cuz I'm gonna make this place your home"
-Philip Philips, Home

•••

Sandrew's Pov

I hope I won't regret the decision I just made, at sa tingin ko naman hindi---I really do hope so. All my life ngayon lang ulit ako na karamdam ng gaan sa pakiramdam.

That day, I stayed at her condominium till dinner. Of course it's fucking awkward, specifically during lunch and dinner, but we manage to talk casually. She asked me what my favorite foods are and she cooked it for me and I'd be lying if I say she's not a good cook, because she is.

I also learned some things, just like where my second name Hayle came from, which came from comet Halley, because she's kinda fond of astronomy. Na laman ko din na sa kaniya pala galing 'yung iPhone na natanggap ko nung junior high school moving up namin.

When it comes to what I'm going to call her, we come to terms that I'll still call her miss Kate, if that's what makes me comfortable, though part of me wanted to call her nanay, mama or mommy pero paniguradong awkward 'yun, but I know one day, dadating din kami sa point na settle na lahat.

After dinner, napag desisyonan kong bumalik na muna sa headquarters at babalik na lang bukas---which was today sa condo ni miss Kate to talk a lot of things such as my custody and issue with the Styles. Hindi ko pa din na sasabi kayna Liam at Ace ang nangyari, since nung pag balik ko sa headquarters wala sila, doing I don't know what.

When it comes to the custody, since I'm already eighteen I can now choose personally kung kaninong custody ako sasama. Kung ako tatanongin, kahit gaano pang nakaka panibago o awkward para sa akin ang sitwasyon, mas gugustuhin ko na lang sa custody ni miss Kate than to live at Miguel's house again, kung saan ang daming kong masasamang ala-ala at karanasan.

The only reason I stayed there that long was because of mama Sasha. I genuinely love her, kasi kahit na bunga ako ng kasalanan ng asawa niya, kahit hindi niya ako totoong anak, she treated me like her own, not like my own father. Much as I don't want to leave her, gusto ko naman din maramdaman kung anong pakiramdam na may totoo kang nanay.

Nang makarating ako sa tapat ng pinto ng unit ni miss Kate, huminga ako ng malalim bago kumatok. Seconds later, pinag buksan niya ako with a bright smile on her face.

"Uhm...hi."

"Pasok ka." Naka ngiti niyang sabi, as I step inside removing my shoes and placing it on the rack.

Miss Kate was wearing a plain gray t-shirt and orange and white plaid pajamas. Her hair was pulled into a messy bun. A foreign appearance of her to me, because I'm used to seeing her in her teacher's uniform. She also look younger than her actual age which was thirty five.

"Masyado ba akong maaga?" Alinlangan kong tanong, as I followed her to the kitchen.

"No, it's okay. Nag breakfast ka na? I made pancakes." I force a small smile and shook my head. She gesture me to sat on the bar stool sa island ng kitchen, as she place a freshly cooked pancakes infront of me.

"Anong gusto mo? Mapple syrup, chocolate syrup or whip cream? Or halo-halo?"

"Halo-halo sounds delicious." Medyo na tatawa kong sabi, that made her chuckle. She then get the bottle of mapple syrup, chocolate syrup and whip cream from the fridge and made her way across me, putting the toppings.