Chapter 34 | Sober

Chapter 34 | Sober

"Yes, you want her
Look at her, you know you do
It's possible she wants you too"
-Colbie Caillat, Kiss The Girl

•••

Liam's Pov

I was never a morning person. That's the one of the many reasons I hate going to school is waking up early. That's why it's surprising today that I woke up at exact seven in the morning. Even at this early, the village people are already hyped for the celebration of their village's anniversary.

The moment I woke up, I checked Tiffany on her room who was still in a deep sleep. I already feel bad for her that she'll obviously wake up with a fucking hangover. That's for being stubborn.

After I check, Tiffany on her room na ligo na ako. I wore the plain black v-neck shirt I bought and the worn out jeans that I wore when we went here. I should've bring more clothes with me.

Nang ma-tapos ako, I went back to Tiffany's room to check on her again. She's still asleep. Maaalala pa kaya niya 'yung kagabi? Hindi ko din alam sa sarili ko kung gusto kong maaalala pa niya 'yun or better not. Sighing, I went down stairs. Walang tao. The couple are probably outside probably outside preparing for the day.

Pumunta ako sa dining room. May mga naka hain na almusal naman. Pandesal, scrambled eggs, tocino, may sinangang din, tapos tuyo. Nag timpla muna ako ng kape and it taste shit.

I honestly don't know how to make my own coffee, yes dumb but I'm used to have someone making my coffee back at our house. Then I remembered, wala nga pala ako sa bahay namin. But then, I'd rather have no coffee for the morning than be there.

After I ate breakfastfast, lumabas ako and everyone was busy. Lahat may ginagawa. As I step out of the front porch, I was greated by some of the people that pass me by. I nodded at them as an acknowledgement of their greetings.

Nag lakad-lakad ako, to see tatay Banjo with other men set upping a long table outside the pub. Nilapitan ko sila, at binati naman nila ako.

"Ano pong ma-tutulong ko?" Tanong ko kay tatay Banjo.

"Ay nako, bisita ka namin kami na dito, mag liwaliw na lang kayo ng girlfriend mo habang hinahanda namin ang pang boodle fight para mamaya." Naka ngiti na sabi ni tatay Banjo. I've never seen him not smiling, it's like he's always genuinely happy about everything and it just amused me.

"She's not my girlfriend." I defended, chuckling. Bilang sagot ay tumawa na lang si tatay Banjo at nag pa tuloy na sa ginagawa nila.

I walked away from them at nag lakad-lakad along the village. Lahat may kaniya-kaniyang ginagawa, and everyone seems to be very happy and I guess, it ain't about the money things or diamond rings, it's about the little and simple things are just what you need to become happy.

When I went back to the house, it's already past ten in the morning. I spent the last hours just watching everyone from the village. Entering, I saw Tiffany na pababa ng hagdan. Mukha siyang sabog. Gulo-gulo buhok niya at naka simangot siya. Despite all, she still happens to look gorgeous to me.

"Rough morning?" I tease the moment na maka baba siya. She glared at me, groaning and making her way sa dining room. I followed her.