Chapter 58 | Begin Again

"Be a better you, for you."
-Inara Bueno

•••

Liam's Pov

My head was still spinning and pounding, my whole body aches so as my heart and I'm hungry as hell.

The moment Sandrew and Ace left, I gesture Tiffany to sit on my bed at umupo naman siya, fiddling with her fingers. We are filled with an awkward silence for seconds before I cleared my throat, that made Tiffany look up at me.

"You scared me." She said in almost a whisper.

"I thought I could afford losing you, but when I saw you with a gun, pointed in your head, I realized that I can't. No matter how mad I am at you, I just can't." She admitted, tears falling down her beautiful yet sad eyes, sadness I know I caused.

My heart swells and flutter at her confession. I move close to her, wiping her tears with my hand.

"I'm sorry." I muttered.

"No. I'm sorry, I'm sorry if I can't fix you."

"The thing is, people aren't objects for you to fix when they're broken, but you can save them and thank you for saving me again." Sagot ko, tucking a hair behind her left ear.

We just stare at each other for seconds, before I speak again.

"Are you still mad at me?" I asked.

"I am." Tipid niyang sagot, pursing her lips. "But you can do something para hindi na ako magalit sa'yo."

"I'll do anything."

"Make yourself better." I look down sighing, before looking at her again.

"I'll try."

"Don't try, do it. Not for me, not for your family, but for yourself, please?" Paki usap niya, sabay ayos ng buhok ko. I nodded, as she kiss my cheek and smiled at me.

"Mauna na ako, baka hinahanap na ako sa amin. Babalik ako bukas." Pag papaalam ni Tiffany.

"Hatid kita." Sabi ko, removing the blanket that was covering half of my body.

"Kaya ko sarili ko, mag pa hinga ka na lang diyan." She assured me. Hindi na din ako nakipag talo, dahil sobra din naman ako nang hihina.

"Fine. Ingat ka."

"I will." And then she left.

I was left alone again, with just me, silence, loneliness and my grumbling stomach. Kinuha ko 'yung tray of foods sa nightstand, Saka ko kinain 'yung pagkain doon. Matapos ko kumain na tulog na ulit ako.

//

I swat the hand of someone who's shaking my shoulder slightly. Then I covered my whole body with a blanket.

"Wake up sleepy head, it's time for breakfast." Sabi ni Dad. Napa balikwas naman ako ng bangon at blink my eyes repeatedly on Dad, making sure I wasn't dreaming or hallucinating.

He was just wearing a casual clothes, not his expensive corporate attires. What the hell is he doing here? With that clothing? He's supposed to be sa office na, ano oras na ba? Tiningnan ko 'yung alarm clock sa nightstand ko, and it's 8:30 am. Then kunot noo ulit akong tumingin kay Dad.

"Diba dapat na sa office ka na?" Nag tataka kong tanong, squinting at him dahil inaantok pa talaga ako.

"I took a day off, I'm the boss anyway. I wanted to spend time with you and Clyde." Sagot niya. Mag sasalita na sana ulit ako, when Dad cut me off.