Chapter 40 | She

Chapter 40 | She

"Silent words are hard to speak, when your thoughts are all I see."
-5 Seconds Of Summer, Beside You

•••

Shane's Pov

Nung araw na pinuntahan ako ni lolo Randy, kinagabihan tinawagan ko din siya para sabihin na pumapayag na ako sa tulong na inaalok niya sa akin, para makapag aral and to train under my cousin, Landon and work in NASA afterwards. I got no reason to turn down his offer, because for a long time this is after all what I want.

Pina ayos na din ni lolo 'yung papers ko and by the end of August, which was two weeks from now, I can fly off to Texas and begin my first semester of senior high school there by mid September. Wala na naman gaanong aasikasohin sa akin, dahil updated na naman 'yung passport at visa ko. Lolo Roman also promised not to tell my parents too, for now. Pero kahit naman ma laman nila, hindi na nila ako mapipigilan sa gusto at pangarap ko. They can't and never will control me. Finally, I'm fucking leaving.

My shift here in the fast food chain I'm working finally ends. Sunny wasn't on her usual table where she waits for me. Nag text kasi siya sa akin na may group study sila ng mga kaibigan niya, dahil next week na ang first periodical examination sa King's University. Pero we'll meet up each other naman sa favorite naming park later at eight. Balak ko na din kasi ibigay sa kaniya 'yung telescope ko at 'yung ilan sa mga astronomy books ko na, pinag sawaan ko na dahil saulo ko na din naman ang mga contents.

Pag dating ko sa apartment, kinuha ko 'yung bagpack na gamit ko sa school dati at tinanggal ko 'yung laman. Kinuha ko naman 'yung box sa ilalim ng higaan kung saan naka lagay ang mga astronomy books at classic novels ko. Kumuha ako ng limang astronomy book and shove it inside the bag pack. Matapos niyon, I decided to take a bath and change in my casual clothes.

Fifteen minutes before eight, I left the apartment, with a bagpack on my back at bitbit 'yung box na lagayan ng telescope ko. Sumakay na lang ako sa tricycle kasi ang bigat ng mga dala ko to use my bike. Pag dating ko sa park, na datnan kong naka upo na sa usual bench namin di Sunny. She was wearing a pink sweater and white top inside and below the knee yellow skirt. Her hair was pulled back with a hair band.

I made my way to her, as she turns her head to me with a smile on her lips. I smiled back at her. Those smile of hers will be the one of the few things I'll miss kapag na sa Texas na ako.

We went to the grassy part of the park and i set up the telescope, under a mahogany tree. After I set up the telescope, I look up from the sky. The stars are so bright tonight, so as the moon. Then I look down at Sunny who looks mesmerize at the telescope.

"Sa TV at internet lang ako nakaka kita ng ganito!" Mangha niyang sabi, running her finger tips on top of the telescope.

"Well, simula ngayon araw-araw, gabi-gabi ks ng makaka kita ng telescope." Sabi ko, kaya nag tataka siyang napa tingin siya sa akin. "I'm giving that to you."

"Oh my gosh, hindi nga?" Hindi niya maka paniwalang tanong. I chuckle, nodding.

"Weeeh?!"

"I'm damn serious, Sunshine." Seryoso kong sabi, fighting up a smile. She looks so cute.

She squeals and jumps to hug me, thanking me endlessly. I chuckled, hugging her back. She pulled back afterwards, to take a look on her telescope then to me with a grin.

"Seryoso talaga? Shane, thank you ha? Saka na kita babayaran kapag may trabaho na ako."

"Baliw, bigay ko nga e tapos babayaran mo." Na tatawa kong sabi, that made her giggle. She then, starts to use her telescope.

"Woah! Jupiter!" Mangha na sabi ni Sunny, habang naka silip sa telescope. I decided to take a seat on the grass and lean on the tree, while watching Sunny get lost on her world. Mamaya-maya, tinabihan na niya din ako, thanking me again and again and again, lalo na nung binigay ko na din 'yung mga books.

She looks like a kid, who just opened a gift on a Christmas. Seeing her this happy, made me happy too. Even though for almost two months since I met her, I've seen her always look happy. It just feel good, that it's me who make her happy, because she make my happy and I've never felt this before. It scares me, dahil ka lakip ng saya, ay lungkot.

"Isipin mo, ang daming purpose ng stars, hindi lang by scientific means." Sabi ni Sunny, out of nowhere while we are just quietly starring at the stars, seating beside each other under the tree.

"Beside the fact, they light up the dark and you can wish upon them, they connect people who's away from each other. Two people who's wishing that maybe they are both looking at the same stars, even not in the same night." She genuinely said, with a smile on her lips, while still looking at the stars. I just stare at her, listening as she speak her thoughts out bluntly like she usually do.

"And come to think of it, isn't just amazing to think that Aristotle, Da Vinci, Einstein, ect even though centuries apart also looks at the same sky full of stars we are looking at right now." I smiled a little, shifting my gaze to the sky then back to her. I always find myself amazed how she even think of her thoughts. I always wondered what else was running on the beautiful mind of hers.

"But these stars are also like people, when the sun comes up they disappear too." She said, sighing and I feel a little sting in my heart. She seems like have an issue about people leaving. With what happened to her parents.

"But atleast they come back." Sagot ko naman, kaya napa tingin siya sa akin, smiling a little.

"Stars do yes, but not all people." Pag kontra naman niya, looking back at the night sky. I know she's talking about her parents and I just feel bad for her. I'm used to her being so optimistic, how did we get here? Does she know? Does she know I'm leaving? Does it even matter to her?

"Nothing's constant, that's just how this world seems to work. People come to our life and then they leave, they come and go. That's just how life is." I muttered, kinda regretting that I ever said that.

"Yeah...and one day, we will be apart too." Pag sasang-ayon niya, that kinda caught me off guard. I blinked and look away.

"Chasing our dreams and making it real right?" I didn't look at her, but I know she's smiling at me. "Pwedeng makaka salubong pa natin ang isa't-isa or we'll just be one another's other memory."

I don't know, it just hurts hearing it from her. Hindi ko pa sinasabi na aalis ako, pero pakiramdam ko, alam na niya. Maybe she knew or maybe she don't.

Half hour later, she decided to go home. Hinatid ko siya sa kanila para tulungan sa mga dala niya. While on our way to their house, none of us speak hanggang sa maka dating na kami sa kanila. She just thanked me again, before going inside their house and me making my way back to my apartment.

Almost two months ago, I'm decided on leaving this hell of a place for good and not ever look back. Almost two months ago, I met her, whom I wasn't expecting to have a large impact in my life. Whom I wasn't expecting I'll fall with. I wasn't even expecting to fall. Before I was giddy to leave, she happened and I find it hard now.

•••

/Ctto of the photo in the multimedia :)/