Chapter 49 | Moment

Chapter 49 | Moment

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” 
-F. Scott Fitzgerald

•••

Shane's Pov

This coming Saturday was my flight. Nakapag impake na din ako and I just came from the fast food chain I was formerly working, and gave my resignation letter. I was about to enter my apartment, when a black car stop in front of the apartment building. I groaned and immediately opened the gate for I know who it was. What the hell are they doing here?

"Shane, sandali." Said my mom, bago pa ako maka pasok sa loob ng apartment. I sigh facing my parents who was walking towards me.

"What are you d---" Hindi ko na natapos 'yung sasabihin ko, when mom pulled me into an embrace. So was dad, who cage both me and mom.

"We missed you." Mom muttered, sniffling into my chest. I was stunned and I don't know what to say. My heart had this stingy feeling. They pulled back from the embrace. Mom was still crying, and dad was tearful.

"We are sorry for everything." Sincere na sabi ni dad.

"We also heard that you're leaving." Sabi naman ni mommy, wiping her tears stained cheeks.

"Look, if you're here para pigilan ako, just please---"

"No, we are here to tell you we are proud of you, son." Pag putol ni dad, na admittedly ikinagulat ko.

They're proud of me. Am I hearing that right? All my life, that's the only thing that I wanted to hear from them. I wanna feel happy, but then I realized does it takes for me to leave before they said that? Before see me.

I let out a breath, before speaking. "Thank you." I said silently.

They invited me back to their mansion to have lunch. Pinag bigyan ko na lang sila at sumama na lang ako, total aalis na din naman ako. I would be lying to my self if I said na hindi na masama loob ko sa kanila after everything, I still am. Forgiveness isn't easy though, it isn't instant, but I'm willing to give it to them...just not now, I guess.

The whole drive was filled with uncomfortable silence, with mom constantly asking how am I, what I've doing and other shits. Sinagot ko na lang siya, even though I know, they already know my answers, my mom's a Reigns while my dad's a Ziggler, what thing wouldn't they know anyway? Na laman nga nila 'yung balita na pag alis ko e, which I know walang kinalaman si lolo Roman because I know him, when he keep a secret, he really does.

As we entered the mansion, memories in this place I once called my home came flashing back---bad memories mostly. But I just shrugged it off, this is probably gonna be the last time I'll step foot here in a long time.

"You're here." Sabi ni ate Danica who just went down the stairs. She doesn't look surprised saying that.

"Unfortunately for you." Walang emosyon kong sagot, that made her smirk and roll her eyes. Typical.

Our parents excuses to go to the dining room to tell the house staff to prepare the lunch. As Danica stood in front of me crossing her arms.

"Heard you're leaving and finally living your dreams. Good for you. I'm not gonna miss you though." She casually said, that made me let out a huff and a small smirk.

"Yep you heard the news right, sister. I bet you're happy. You're gonna have all of this..." I said pausing, waving my hands in the air. "Mom and dad, everything---all on your own and for the record? I ain't gonna miss you too."