Chapter 53 | Written In The Stars

"Even if even we're apart...I'll always be with you."
-A.A Milne

•••

Shane's Pov

Some things are really inevitable or bound to happen, like it has been already written in the stars. It involves events that happens to our lives, like falling in love, heartbreak, accidents or just like meeting a certain someone, you didn't know that will have a big impact in your life. All these and other things are inevitable, even goodbyes.

Friday na ngayon, and tomorrow night is my flight papunta sa Texas to study and fullfil my biggest dream. Bukas ko na din iiwan 'yung unang babae that made me realize that I was capable of that complicated thing called love, that made me realize, despite of everything I can still be happy.

That despite the dark, you can still find a light.

We spent the whole day and night yesterday and today together. Inabangan namin 'yung pag lubog ng araw, we went ice skating, tinuruan ko siya mag bike sa park, nag laro kami arcade, I read her poems that I made, cuddle in my bed while talking about my plans on Texas, at iba pa and now here we are late at night at our favorite park, laying beside each other on the grass while stargazing and sharing music on her phone. Acquaintance party nila dapat ngayon sa King's University, but she said she'd rather be with me than to party.

As time past, I know this moment would soon end, that I had to leave and I don't know when will I ever be back or will I ever come back.

Sometimes, I regret telling Sunshine that I adore her, and sometimes I wish I never found out she does too. Kasi dahil doon na realize ko sinasaktan ko pala siya at the same time sinasaktan ko din sarili ko because of the distance I chose to put between us. What I don't regret is meeting her and falling for her.

I see my life all gray and dull before, then she came in to my life and brought colors I didn't know that could be there.

She's special, she's the brightness star I ever seen while I was just a star dust not worth of her adoration. She deserves better and at this moment I came to make the hardest decision I will do in my life so far.

Letting go of my first love.

When one song end, bumangon muna ako kaya napa tingin si Sunshine sa akin, but she didn't said a word. Binuksan ko 'yung bag pag ko na nasa gilid ko at kinuha ko 'yung papel na naka tupi into two.

Tumayo naman ako and offered Sunshine my hand para maka patayuin din siya. By guessing, she paused the music on her phone at umupo bago kinuha 'yung kamay ko, then I help her up.

"What?" Medyo nag tataka at naka ngiti niyang tanong, habang pinapagpag 'yung pantalon niya.

Binuksan ko 'yung papel na hawak ko, and showed it to her. She look at it, with a slight frown on her brows. It's a map of stars in this area. Then I pointed at one star.

"Can you look for this star?" Sabi ko. Kinuha niya 'yung papel and made her way sa telescope niyang na naka set up.

"Shane, na hanap ko na!" She called out. I made my way towards her and step beside her.