Chapter 59 | Definitely Not Goodbye

"She makes me want to be different. Better."
-Landon Carter, A Walk To Remember

•••

Liam's Pov

After Dad, Clyde and I finished our breakfast, we went to one of our malls and watch a movie, then we had lunch. After that, we went home at nag kaniya-kaniya na muna kami. Dad went to his office to finish everything that needed before we leave. Pumunta naman si Clyde sa mga kaibigan niya.

I decided na puntahan si Tiffany at sa kaniya muna sabihin na aalis na kami bukas ng gabi. I don't know how will she feel about it, how will my best friends will about it. Will they get mad at me? Will they be sad? Will they even miss me? I don't know.

Gamit ang isa sa mga kotse ni Dad, pumunta ako sa King's University. When I arrived, I pull over the car in front of the campus. Kinuha ko 'yung cellphone ko from the pocket of my pants at tinawagan si Tiffany.

"Liam? Na sa klase ako." She said in a whisper upon answering.

"Wala man lang bang hello diyan?" I joked.

"So ano na nga?"

"Nandito ako sa labas ng campus, puntahan mo ako. May sasabihin ako sa'yo na importante." Seryoso kong sabi.

"My current class will end in five minutes, hintayin mo ako."

"Okay, I'll wait." Then I hang up.

While waiting for Tiffany, I opened the camera roll of my phone at tiningnan 'yung mga stolen shots ni Tiffany. I'm gonna miss her so much. The only girl who made me feel, na pwede din mahalin ang isang gaya ko.

After everything I did in the past, I honestly thought that no one will ever gonna love me back, or I will never be able to love like this---how can I when it doesn't even exist in my own parents. I know what I felt with Kirsten wasn't love, it's for surely lust. I have no idea what love is.

Then there was a girl named, Tiffany Leigh-ann Perkins, who's the only one made me do a fucking project, runs away with me even knowing that there would be many risk. She the only who made me smile, made my stomach do summersault just by seeing her. I've heard a lot of music in my whole life but her laughter was the most beautiful to hear. Her eyes, I know it sound cheesy and cliché as fuck but damn I often get lost with them.

The only girl who actually gave a fuck about me, not because I'm famous, I'm rich, I'm a badass, but because I am me. Despite me being a complete jerk and asshat she's still there.

I never begged or cried to anyone, but with her I did, just because of the fear of losing her. If this isn't love I don't know what the hell is this.

After ten minutes of getting lost in my own thoughts, nag ring 'yung phone ko. It was Tiffany.

"Na saan ka?" Tanong niya when I pick up. Then I look around outside, seeing Tiffany walking towards where my dad's car was parked.

"You see the black car?" Tanong ko din. She look straight to my car. Binaba ko 'yung binatana ng passenger's seat and wave a little at her. She gave me a small smile, bago ibaba 'yung tawag. Binalik ko na din sa bulsa ko 'yung phone ko.

I opened the passenger's seat door, saka siya pumasok and close the door afterwards. I close the window and lean to put a seat belt on Tiffany.

"Ano 'yung sasabihin mo?" Tanong niya.

"Mamaya na." Sagot ko, starting the engine of the car.

"Teka, saan tayo pupunta? May klase pa kaya ako." Nag tataka niyang tanong.

"Too late to back out." Mapang asar kong sabi, driving away from the campus.

"E saan naman tayo pupunta?" Tanong niya.

"Hindi ko din alam. Gusto lang kita makasama." I admit. I glance at her when she didn't answer. She was just staring at me.

"I know I'm handsome, but what?" I tease earning an eye roll from her, that made me chuckle.

"Just tell me what it is, Liam." Seryoso na sabi ni Tiffany. I sigh as I stop the car infront of a park.

I swallow the lump that was forming in my throat. I sigh, gripping the stirring wheel, before looking at Tiffany and speak.

"We're leaving tomorrow night pupunta sa New York." I said straight to the point. Tiffany's face was filled with shock and confusion.

"Okay...you could really get use some vacation. Babalik ka naman agad diba?" She said, smiling. But that smile fades nang matagal ako bago sumagot.

"Doon muna kami titira, and I still don't know when we'll return here. Dad wants to make it up to us and want us to start over even though just the three of us, by giving us a new environment to probably clear our heads and move on." I said looking away. Hindi sumagot si Tiffany, so that's my cue to continue.

"I also agreed that I'll be seeing a psychologist when we got there." I pause to look at her and tears are already escaping her eyes habang naka tingin sa akin. Agad naman niya 'yun pinunasan.

I sigh removing my seat belt, so I could comfortably lean closer to Tiffany. I hold her hands with mine.

"As much as I hate to leave, I have to. I promised you that I will be better for myself and maybe Dad's plan would be the stepping stone. So when I came back here, I can be better for you, we can be better for each other." I pause, taking a breath and staring straight to her eyes.

"Na iintindihan ko, pero I want you to know that I already accepted you at your worst." She assured me.

"I know." I said, lifting her hands and placing a kiss on them.

Then we both decided to take a walk in the park. Both of us are just quite, hands brushing with one another. Then I decided to hold her hand and I intertwine our fingers. She look up at me with a sad smile and speaks.

"Ma mi-miss kita." Tumigil muna kami sa pag lalakad, stopping under a tree. I face her, tucking a hair behind her left ear.

"I'm going to miss you too. Your laugh, your smile, the way you always roll your eyes when you're annoyed, you being a total boss...everything." I said making her blush and chuckle slightly.

"But I think you won't miss me that much pag dating mo doon sa New York, kasi ang dami-daming chicks doon." She joked, making ma scoff playfully.

"My heart's already yours though." Seryoso ko naman na sabi. She just gave me a smile at hindi na sumagot. We just stare at each other for seconds, probably memorizing each other's facial features, then I decided to lean down, close my eyes and place my lips on her soft ones.

She put her hands on my shoulders kissing me back, while a place my hands on her waist. The kiss was slow and sweet, not rushing anything, just taking our time trying to make it last. And in the kiss we shared, I remembered everything starting from the day I first laid my eyes on. Who would've thought I would fell hard for that goody-two-shoes, who's obviously too good for me, but I already had her in my arms not dumb enough to ever let her go.

We pulled apart from the kiss, leaning my forehead to hers. She wrap her arms around my neck and I pulled her closer to me.

"I love you." I said, with all the strength that I compiled to myself.

"And I love you." Sagot ni Tiffany that made me smile warmly. Damn, I never been this soft.

Even though I already feel she love me, hearing those...magical? Powerful and strong three words from her, it's just...I don't know what perfect words to describe the feeling. But it feels good---no good is an understatement, it feels amazing.

I lean closer again, as we shared another kiss. The kiss was kinda bittersweet honestly, but I know this won't be the last, our last, because this definitely ain't a goodbye kiss.