Chapter 35 | Bottom Line

"I like living. I have sometimes been wildly, despairingly, acutely miserable, racked with sorrow; but through it all I still know quite certainly that just to be alive is a grand thing.” 
-Agatha Christie

•••

Liam's Pov

Her kiss was gentle, nervous and unsure. I move my hands to her waist under the water and pull her closer. I swipe my tongue over her lower lips to part it. Before I deepened the kiss, she parted away to breath. I feel the urge to kiss her again, but I stop myself from doing so. We are both slightly panting. Her face was in a deep shade of red. Her lips was slightly swollen.

"S-sorry." She said stuttering, slowly removing her hands on my neck. Inalis ko 'yun kamay ko sa waist niya, and hold both of her hands.

"Why?" I asked, looking straight into her brown eyes. Hindi siya maka tingin ng deretso sa akin.

"For stopping? Ewan."

Binitiwan ko na 'yung kamay niya, licking my lip ring and running hand on my damp hair.

"It's... it's fine, it's just a kiss, it's nothing, people kiss all the time." I said defending myself. But fuck, who am I kidding?

"Specially you, you do this all the time." Tiffany said, eyes are watering. I don't kung dahil sa tubig or it's something else. I don't fucking know.

I didn't have the urge to argue or defend my self again. Because it's true, she's right and for the record, I feel like an idiot telling her that.

She swim her way towards the land, as I watch her. Her clothes are so damp, that made the curves on her body show. Umahon na din ako, grabbing my shirt and following Tiffany.

Naka balik kami sa bahay nila tatay Banjo na tahimik, no one dared talking. The touch and the taste of her kiss was still lingering from my mouth as I take a bath.

Dahil wala na akong extra na damit, pumunta na lang ako ako sa kwarto nila tatay Banjo to borrow a shirt and a blue and black plaid tokong. I'm sure he wouldn't mind.

I looked up from the knock on the door of the room I'm staying at. Tiffany was standing outside my door, still on the same clothing.

"May extra ka bang damit?" Medyo mahina niyang sabi. I slap myself mentally for staring at her like an idiot, and grab my hoodie. Tumayo ako sa kina uupuan ko and walk towards her.

"Here," Sabi ko, sabay abot ng hoodie ko.

"Thank you," She said, forcing a smile. She grab my hoodie, making her way downstairs, to the bathroom for sure.

Bumaba na din ako and stayed in the living room, watching some random show in the television, besides ang init sa labas. Tanghaling tapat kaya and we are in fucking Philippines.

Mamaya-maya lumabas na ng banyo si Tiffany, wearing my hoodie and her worn out jeans. My hoodie is way to big for her, but I fucking feel flutter seeing her in it and I don't know why.

She tugs down the hem of my hoodie, walking upstairs not saying a word to me or even dare to look at me. Fuck.

Sighing, I turned off the television and lay on the couch. Matutulog na lang ako. Besides, I fell sleepy for waking up so damn early. Na gising ako, to see it's already past four. The booths set up outside was probably now open. I went upstairs para yayain si Tiffany. But would she go with me?