Chapter 16: About Time

"Baby, you almost done? Jensen asked as he rolled out his suitcase from the bedroom.

"Yeah, I think so." You said as you took one last look around the room to make sure you didn't leave anything behind.

"Okay. Let's get going." He said as he grabbed the key and locked the door back behind you.

It was time for another convention. This time it was only a two hour drive. You both loaded your things into the back of Jensen's truck and headed out onto the open road. 

Jensen turned on his favorite playlist and started singing. You had practically learned all the songs he listened to. His voice was relaxing and something you could listen to all day. 

"Hey, you didn't sleep well last night. Why don't you lay back and get some rest on the way." Jensen suggested. 

You didn't argue. You laid the seat back and rested your head again the window. That was the last thing you remembered before the crash. 

.......................................................

Your head ached as you slowly opened your eyes. You couldn't hear anything besides the ringing in your ears. You slowly came back around and realized that your legs were trapped.  It didn't take long to realize your car was flipped over. Where was Jensen? You looked over and saw that he was unconscious. 

"J" You said in almost a whisper. "Jensen. Please wake up." You panicked. You tried to undo the seat belt to try and get out, but your legs were still stuck. You looked for your phone with no success. Your head pierced with pain again, and suddenly everything was black.  

................................................

Beeping machines was all you could hear. Your head still pounding as your eyes fluttered open. A nurse stood beside you as she wrote into a chart. You moaned as pain started to set in. 

"Good to have you with us." She said as she smiled down at me. "It was touch and go there for a little while."

"Where is my fiance? I asked looking around for Jensen.

"He's in the next room. He sustained a bump to the head, but otherwise had minor injuries. You on the other hand had internal bleeding, and a few broken bones" She said as she finished writing.

"When can I go see him?" You asked. 

"I'm afraid you aren't going anywhere. However, he can come to see you once he is awake." She replied. "You need to rest. I have given you some medication for the pain, and that should also help you rest. I will be back in here in a few to check on you." She said before going out of the room. You fell back asleep a few minutes later. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of distant voices woke you up a few hours later. 

"Now Mr. Ackles, there are some things I need to tell you before you go in. She has sustained major injuries since the truck hit her on her side. She is hooked up to many machines, and she had a few broken bones. She is still in a lot of pain, so you will need to be careful." You heard the doctor explain from outside the door.

"I understand," Jensen replied.

You opened your eyes as you heard Jensen enter the room and close the door. 

"About time you got in here." You croaked with a smile.

Lost for words, he pulled up a chair close to your bed and grabbed your hand. 

"How are you feeling?" He asked genuinely. 

"Like I've been hit by a truck." You chuckled, trying to make light of the conversation. 

"I know, I'm sorry." He apologized. 

"You have nothing to be sorry about, Jensen." You said honestly. "I'm gonna be fine." 

He rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb before bringing it up for a kiss. 

"You need to go to the convention. The fans are gonna be mad that they paid to see you and you aren't there." You said, knowing that the convention was more important. 

"You are crazy if you think I'm leaving this hospital without you," He said with wide eyes. "I can't go without my girl." He smiled. 

"I love you." You said, silently glad he wasn't leaving you.

"I love you so much more."