Chapter 56 : Simple Life

4 Months Later

....................................

Evie was walking around on her own now, and Ryker was starting to sleep through the night. They were both getting so big, way too fast. 

Jensen was home more the last few weeks, because of his lack of screen time for the first few episodes of season 14. It was always a blessing to have him home. 

Your writing career had finally picked up. You had finished and published your first book, and it already had over 500,000 sales. You couldn't help but check it everyday, anxious to see how much the numbers grew. 

Nothing interesting was happening at the Ackles house other than that. You felt like your life was slow for the most part, just happy to get to watch your kids grow everyday. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jensen came home early, not a surprise since he had been for the last couple of days. 

He came in like always, with a kiss of your head and asked how your day was. He would sit and you would discuss the events of the day before you got ready to fix dinner. You loved your simple life. 

"What would you like to eat tonight, babe?" You asked looking through the fridge. 

"Some of your spaghetti?" He asked with a grin. 

"Okay." You agreed, not being able to turn down his adorable smile. 

"Thank you." He said as he picked up Ryker from his rocker and walked around the room. 

You just happily started cooking dinner, watching Jensen play with the kids. 

"Hey, babe?" You asked as Jensen turned around and looked at you. 

"Yes?" He asked as he walked back into the kitchen. 

"You working tomorrow?" You asked as you started boiling the noodles. 

"Only until 10 am. Why?" He asked as he bounced Ryker in his arms. 

"The kids have a doctors appointment at 12. I was wondering if you wanted to go." You asked with a smile. 

"Of course. I wouldn't miss it for anything." He smiled. 

"Great. Hungry?" You chuckled.

"Is that a question?" He chucked as he placed Ryker back in his rocker and came to fix a plate. 

"Thank you." He said as he piled his plate with spaghetti. 

You placed Evie in her high chair at the table and fixed Ryker a warm bottle. You fed Evie her favorite baby food while you help Ryker and he drank his bottle. 

"Babe, let me take Ryker. Fix you a plate." Jensen said trying to take Ryker from you. 

"I got this. You ned to eat, you world today." You looked up at him with a slight smile. 

"So have you. Here, give him to me." He said again as he held out his arms. You gave your son to him with a smile. 

"Thank you." You said as you fixed you a plate and returned to Evie. 

"No need to thank me. Im doing my job." He smiled as he got Ryker situated again. 

It was a quiet meal for the rest of the time. Afterward you cleaned up from dinner as Jensen gave the babies a bath. You could hear him playing and splashing with them as their laughters filled the house. You finished up cleaning the dishes and went to help Jensen finish up. 

"Hows it going in here?" You smiled as you saw how they all had smiles on their faces. 

"Just about to finish up." Jensen said as he picked Evie up from the water. She squealed and kicked while she laughed. Next thing you knew Jensen was covered in soapy water and you were all laughing again. 

You went and got Ryker and finished up the bathes. Soon and they were both put to bed and sound asleep. 

"Im going to jump in the shower. Don't wait up for me." You chucked as you grabbed clean clothes and headed to the shower.

"Mind if I join?" Jensen said with a grin. 

"Not at all."