Chapter 42 : The Hospital

(Jensen's POV)

You walked in the front door with Evie in her carrier, and her bags. 

"Honey, I'm back. I can tell Evie missed you." You called out, but it was silence. 

"Babe? You okay?" You yelled even louder but still nothing. 

You walked up the stairs and into your room. Kasey lay there on the floor, a small pool of blood by her head. You sat down Evies carrier and hurried over to your unconscious wife. You dialed Jared's number and put in on speaker as you tried to wake up Kasey. 

"Hey, man. What's up?" He answered after a few rings. 

"I need you to come to my house right now and get Evie." You said with panic in your voice. 

"Whats wrong?" Jared's voice changed from happy to serious in an instant. 

"I just walked in and Kasey is laying in the floor knocked out. I think she tripped and hit her head. She's bleeding, and unconscious. Can you make it?" You asked franticly. 

"On my way now. Be there in 10." You said back as you heard him start his car. 

"Make it 7, Jared." You said holding her in your arms. 

"I'll do my best." He said as he hung up. 

You turned your full attention to Kasey. It looked like she had hit her head on the table, and busted her head open. 

You placed your head down beside her chest and heard her heart still beating. You breathed a sigh of relief as you thought of the worst. 

"Kasey, honey? Can you hear me?" You asked hopelessly and you held her head in your hands. 

"Can you wake up for me?" You said a little louder, but no answer. 

Just then you heard Jared pull in, and raced up the stairs. 

"You didn't call an ambulance?" Jared asked picking up the carrier and clothes. 

"I can get there faster." You said picking up your wife bridal style and watched as her head and arms dangled. 

"She's gonna be okay. Don't worry about Evie. Me and Gen got her, okay?" Jared asked as I started walking downstairs. 

"Thank you. Bye, baby girl. " You said before placing Kasey in your car and kissing your daughter goodbye. You said a quick goodbye to Jared and drove the the hospital as fast as you could. 

You pulled up the the front doors of the hospital 10 minutes later. Your wife was still unconscious. You picked her up and carried her inside. 

"Get me a stretcher!" A doctor yelled as they saw you come in. 

"What happened?" She said as she started to assist her. 

"I went to get our daughter, when I came home she was laying in the floor. Her head was bleeding and she wasn't responding." You rambled as you rubbed your hand threw your hair. 

"Has she complained of feeling tired, or has she been more clumsy than usual?" She asked. 

"Um, she complained of feeling weak this morning. We have been traveling a lot, so we both just kind of figured it was jet lag." You said as the doctor wrote everything down. 

"We are going to take very good care of her, and I promise you I will let you know." She said before pointing you to the waiting room. 

You nodded, not wanting to leave her, but you knew that they would help her. You took a seat and as you sat, everything sunk in. Everything had been a daze since you saw her lying there on the floor. A tear ran down your face as you realized where you were sitting. 

You closed your eyes and placed your elbows against your knees, letting your head fall into your hands. You said a silent prayer, hoping that God would hear you. The ringing of your phone interrupted you. 

"Hello?" You said, as you could tell in your voice you had been crying. 

"Hey man. How's Kasey?" Jared asked from the other side of the phone.

"Nothing yet. The doctors took her back, I'm just waiting in the waiting room. 

"Well, Gen had Evie. Im heading to the hospital to sit with you." He said. 

"Jared, you don't have to do that." You said as you wiped the tears from your face. 

"I know, but you shouldn't be alone in this. I couldn't imagine walking in and seeing Gen laying there." He admitted. 

"I really appreciate it." You said sincerely. 

"Ill be there in a minute."  He said hanging up the phone. 

You were kind of glad that you would have someone to sit with. 

A few hours later 

-------------------------

Jared arrived a few minutes after he called. You and him had been patiently waiting, and drinking unhealthy amounts of hospital coffee. You were just about to go and ask for any updates when the doctor walked towards you. She sat down beside you ask you prepared yourself for whatever news you were about to hear. Jared placed a hand on your shoulder as she began. 

"I have some good news." She started off with a smile as your relaxed in your chair. 

"She wasn't jet lagged, she had a dangerously low blood sugar, and blood pressure. We think that when she tried to get up from bed, she was too weak to support her own weight which made her fall and hit her head." She explained. 

"Her head injury is minor, and should heal up in a few days. Her low levels on the other hand are something different." She started. 

"Whats wrong with her?" You almost demanded. 

"She's pregnant."