Chapter 19 : The Big Day

It was finally the day that you had been waiting for since you were a little girl. It was your wedding day. Jensen stayed at Jared's house so he wouldn't see you, and it felt weird being away from him for the first time in months. 

Gen, Terin, and your mom surrounded you, each doing different things to help you get ready. It felt nice to be pampered for once. You all danced and sang along to music, enjoying each other's company. There were no better people you wanted by your side on your big day. 

You finished your beautiful look off with a few jewelry accessories before heading outside

You finished your beautiful look off with a few jewelry accessories before heading outside. It was everything you ever dreamed of. Beautiful pink flowers and green vegetation scattered the area. You couldn't stop smiling. 

You took what seemed like hundreds of pictures before heading back inside. You watched from the window as people began filing in and taking their seats. Butterflied danced in your stomach. It wasn't long before everyone was taking their places. 

In the distance, you heard the music start, and all the bridesmaids and groomsmen made their way down the aisle.  You took a deep breath as you wrapped your arm around your father's. A small tear escaped his eyes as he stared down at you. 

"I love you, daddy." You said, giving him a kiss on the cheek and wiping the tear from his face.

 The doors opened and there was Jensen, and his face lit up as he saw you. You tried to take a mental picture of this moment, hoping never to forget it. Everyone stood and turned as you took your first steps out from the doorway. You walked very carefully down the aisle, determined not to trip. 

You finally made your way up to the arch and gave your dad the tightest hug before turning to Jensen. Finally able to see him close, you noticed he too had a small tear running down his face. You smiled before wiping it away with your thumb. 

"You are so beautiful." He whispered, taking your hands in his."

"Thank you." You blushed before turning toward the minister. 

"Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness two souls become one. They have each chosen to write their own vows. Kasey, you may begin whenever you are ready." He continued.

"Jensen, although it may be weird to say, I started loving you way before we ever met. I never knew that I would ever have the chance to call you my husband. You are my best friend, my caretaker, and my biggest supporter. I promise to encourage and inspire you, to laugh with you, and to comfort you in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise to love you in good times and in bad, when life seems easy and when it seems hard, when our love is simple and when it is an effort. I promise to cherish you and to always hold you in the highest regard. These things I give to you today, and all the days of our life. I love you more than you could ever imagine." You said, allowing yourself to shed a few tears. 

Jensen wiped them away, and a few of his too. 

"Kasey, I knew that I wanted to know you from the minute I saw you from that stage. Your big eyes full of life drew me in from the start. I can't wait to spend the rest of my days with you and someday grow a family with you. Today, I vow to love you as you love me, through all the hardship, darkness, and pain to reach for our joys, our hopes and always be honest and faithful. I promise to be here to wipe away tears of sadness and to elicit tears of joy. I promise my unconditional love, tenderness, and undying devotion, to not ask you to be more than you are, and to love you for being you. 

A few seconds later and the priest spoke again.

"It is by the power invested in me and my greatest pleasure to announce Jensen and Kasey as husband and wife. You may kiss the bride." He said turning towards Jensen. 

He pulled you into a passionate, long, loving kiss that made it feel like you were the only two around. Cheers and applause uproared as you both pulled away. You grabbed Jensen's arm and you both headed down the aisle. 

Married.