Chapter 23: Extention

"That's it. I'm taking you to the hospital." Jensen argued. "This is the third day in a row that you've been throwing up." 

"Jensen, it's probably just a stomach bug. I'm okay." You tried to convince him not to take you. 

"Baby, you are sick. We at least need to go up there and get you some medicine." He continued as he packed you both a small bag with essentials in case you had to stay overnight. 

"I don't want to be in the hospital again." You pleaded. 

"I know, but it kills me to see you this sick. You know I am going to be there with you the whole time." He promised. 

Realizing you were fighting a losing battle, you decided to give in and go. You were tired of feeling bad. 

It wasn't long before you both were pulling into the emergency department parking lot. You took a deep breath as you both walked towards the entrance. Jensen lightly squeezed your hand, letting you know that everything was going to be fine. He made you feel safe. 

You walked inside and checked in. Several sheets of paperwork and lots of waiting later, and you were finally being called back to be seen. 

A nurse took down your complaints, history, and vital signs. "A doctor will be in with you shortly." She said as she shut the curtain. 

"Take my mind off of being here." You said, looking over to Jensen. 

"Uhm... okay." He said, thinking for a moment. "I think we should get a dog." She rambled. 

"Really?" You said, almost excited. 

"Yes. I think we need an extension to our family." He joked. 

Before you could continue the conversation, a doctor entered the room. 

"Hi, I'm Doctor Savinski. We are gonna run a few tests to try and figure out what's going on, okay?" He asked. 

"Sounds great, Doc." You replied. 

"Alrighty. The nurse is gonna come back in and take some blood, and if you wouldn't mind stepping into that restroom to take a urine test also." He said, pointing down the hall

"Of course." You replied with a fake smile. 

"Awesome, I'll be back after your test come back." He finished before leaving the room. 

You slowly got up from the bed and made your way to the bathroom. 

After what seemed like forever, you returned. 

"Don't look at my pee." You joked, hiding the cup from Jensen's view.

He just laughed as you got settled back on the bed. "How are you feeling?" He asked.

"My stomach is still queezy, but I'm okay." You said, noticing Jensen seemed stressed. "Hey, stop worrying about me. I'm fine." You said, taking his hand. 

"I can't help it." He replied, rubbing the back of your hand with his thumb. "I love you." He said, giving you a quick kiss on the hand as the nurse came in. 

"Already, I've got to steal some blood real quick." She said, gathering her supplies. 

Jensen still held onto your hand, trying his best to comfort you. 

She wrapped the tourniquet on your arm and felt around for a vein. Then she wiped your arm with an alcohol wipe. "One, two, three, small poke." She counted as she inserted the needle.

After gathering several tubes of blood, she was finished. "What color wrap would you like?" She asked, showing you the assortment of colors. 

"Yellow, please." You picked. 

"Yellow?" Jensen questioned. "I didn't know you liked yellow." 

"Yellow is a happy color." You said. 

"Alright, these results should be back in about half an hour." The nurse finished. 

"Thank you." You and Jensen replied. 

"You should probably rest," Jensen said, lowering your pillow. 

"I'm okay. I'm not all that tired." You said, continuing to sit up. "Tell me more about this puppy." You smiled. 

The conversation continued by going back and forth about breeds and names. Time passed quickly as you made all these plans together. Soon and the doctor came back in. 

"Alrighty, folks, your both test confirmed the reason behind your sickness and fatigue." The doctor began. 

"Well, what is it?" Jensen hurried. 

"Mrs. Ackles. you are pregnant."