Chapter 25 : Yellow

Two months later

''''''''''''''''''''''

"Bye, my little peanut," Jensen said as he leaned down to kiss your now showing belly. "Bye, mama." He said come back up to give you one too. 

"Bye, love. Be careful." You replied as he left for work. 

Gen was coming over to help organize baby plans, and you couldn't be more excited to hang out with her again. You browsed through Pinterest, looking for ideas for the room. 

Soon and she was pulling up in the drive. She knocked on the door, and as soon as you opened it, she embraced you into a hug.

"You look great!" She beamed.

"Oh thank you, you look amazing." You laughed as she came into the house.

She looked around the large area and placed her things down.

"Your home is beautiful." She said.

"Thank you." You replied with a smile. "Would you like anything to eat or drink? Water? Tea?" You asked.

"Water would be great." She said as you walked to the fridge to receive one for her.

"You wanna see what we're working with?" You said, pointing upstairs. 

"Absolutely." She smiled as she followed you up the stairs. 

"So, this is what I was thinking." You said, showing her pictures from your phone. 

"We can defiantly do that." She said looking around the room. "Where would you like to start, mama?"

"Jensen is supposed to be meeting us at the store to help pick out a paint color soon. We should probably get going." You said, looking at the time. 

Jensen was already waiting when you got there. 

"Hello, ladies." He said as he stepped out of his truck.

"Hi!" Gen chirped. 

"Hey, babe." You said as your wrapped your arm around Jensen's. You all headed inside and made a beeline for the paint section. 

"I'm thinking we go with a grey since it's a neutral color. Whatever the baby's gender is, the color will match." You said, picking out a few different shades. 

"I think we go with yellow," Jensen said. "Yellow is a happy color after all."

"Yellow would be perfect." You said, remembering how much you loved it. 

You purchased a bright color called "Bumblebee" and headed back home to get to work. 

You and Gen ate lunch as you began covering the walls in paint. You couldn't help but smile and get excited about it. Soon there was gonna be a little baby in here. You laid a hand on your stomach as the thoughts ran through your mind.

"Just one more coat on this wall, and the painting will be complete." Gen smiled, having more paint on her than on the actual walls. 

"Great! Jensen should be home soon and he will help put the furniture together." You said before taking a bite from your sandwich. You and Jensen picked out all white furniture for the baby. 

"I can start on the furniture if you want." Gen offered, trying to be helpful. 

"That's okay. He is part of the reason we are in the situation." You chuckled. "He can help too." 

She just laughed and turned back to painting the last wall.