Chapter 52 : "It's your mom, she's been in a wreck."

You were released from the hospital 3 days after you gave birth. Ryker was doing great, nothing seemed to be wrong with him. You were still very sore, and it hurt to move. You tried to help as much as you could, but Jensen did the majority of taking care of Ryker and Evie while you healed.

"You want anything, baby? I'm going to order some food." Jensen asked from the kitchen. You sat on the couch with Ryker in your arms and Evie beside you.

"Sure, anything chicken." You said while flipping through the channels of the tv.

"Sweet chicken with green beans?" He smiled as he knew exactly what you wanted.

"Mhmmm." You agreed with a grin.

"I'll be back in a few. Call me if you need anything." He said as he came into the living room and gave you a kiss on the forehead.

You both said your goodbyes as he headed out the door. Evie watched out the window as Jensen's truck left the driveway.

"Dada?" She cooed and pointed out the window.

"What baby girl?" You smiled as you picked her up, forgetting that everything hurt.

"Dada!" She yelled and smiled up to you.

"Good job, Evie." You praised her as she giggled.

Just then your phone started to ring. You sat Evie back in her playpen, and answered.

"Hello?" You asked.

"Kasey?" Your best friend answered.

"Hey. What's up?" You asked as you heard the urgency in her voice.

"It's your mom, shes been in a wreck." She said worried.

"What? When?!" You said a little louder.

"This morning, ambulances just picked her up." She said.

"I'll be on my way in an hour. Message me the hospital and everything you know." You said as you jumped up and started packing everyone's bags. You let out a groan as pain washed over you.

You dialed Jensen's number and put him on speaker as you continued.

"Hey, babe. Everything okay?" He asked.

"No, my mom. She's been in a wreck." You said continuing to throw clothes in suitcases.

"I'm in the drive-through, want me to turn around?" He asked.

"No, we need to eat. Just hurry, okay? We are leaving in an hour." You said as Jensen agreed.

"Just be careful, I can help you pack when I get home. Don't push yourself." He said as you knew he was right.

He hung up the phone as you stopped and took a breath, letting it all sink in.