Chapter 34 : Busy Day

You woke up to the sound of Evie screaming from her crib. You quickly jumped up out of bed and rushed to get her. You changed Evie's diaper and warmed her a bottle. You fed her, as you ate a granola bar. The phone started to ring. "Unknown Caller" displayed on the screen. 

'Hello?" You answered. 

"Kasey. Hey, It's Jensen." He said sounding weird.

"Hey, Babe. What's up?" You asked as Evie finished her bottle. 

"Just a little accident on set. Don't panic because it's nothing major, but I'm going to the hospital." He said. 

"What? What happened?" You asked. 

"Jared accidentally stabbed me in the thigh. Went pretty deep, but I'll be fine." He said with a sigh. 

"I will be there soon, honey." You said as you jumped up to get ready. 

"No, don't worry about it. Jared and Misha are going to drive me back home after I get this checked out." He explained. 

"Jensen,-" You tried. 

"I'm okay. You don't need to worry about getting Evie out. They will probably stitch me up and send me home in an hour or so." He continued. 

"Message me if you need me, or want me to come. You know I will." You said. 

"I know, baby. Thank you. I will let you know when I'm heading home." He continued. 

"Love you." 

"Love you too." 

Jensen got home a couple of hours later and was hurting. Jared walked close behind him as he hobbled inside. 

"I thought the knives you use on set are rubber?" You asked as they both entered the room. 

"Somehow the prop and the real thing got switched," Jensen explained as he plopped down on the couch beside you. 

"I'm really sorry, J." Jared said, for what was probably the hundredth time. 

"It was just an accident," Jensen said. 

"Trying to kill my baby daddy, Jared?" You joked, knowing he felt awful about the whole situation. 

"I really am sor-" He tried. 

"We know, Jared. No hard feelings." You said, giving him a small hug before he left. 

You used the basic medical practice you had taken in high school and tried to make him feel comfortable. 

You set up your bedroom for him. You turned the TV to face him and moved Evie's crib in your room so he could spend time with her. You brought his computer, scrips, and any other source of entertainment to him. He got settled in, and you gave him his meds. You placed Evie in his arms and turned to fix dinner. 

"You spoil me." He said smiling. 

You made chicken mushroom pasta and brought a tray up to Jensen. "Dinner in bed." You said as you placed the tray on the bedside table. 

You placed Evie back in her crib and a pillow gently Jensens leg. Then you placed the tray on the pillow.

"Is that okay?" You asked. 

"Wonderful." He looked down at the meal. 

"I'm sorry your hurting." You said feeling bad for him. 

"I'm okay, honey. Get you something to eat." He said with a slight smile. 

You kissed his forehead as you went and fixed yourself a bowl. You joined him and you both ate together.

Soon and you both were done, and you cleaned up everything. You finished up and went back to the bedroom. 

"You need a shower?" You asked.

"Took one this morning. I'll take one tomorrow." He said as he settled down for bed. 

"Okay. I'm gonna feed and change Evie and then we will get settled." You said as you got Evie from her crib. 

"I love you." He said as he closed his eyes. 

"I love you too." You said as you turned off the lights. 

You fed Evie and changed her into her pajamas. In a few minutes, you placed her in her crib and she fell asleep. You decided to jump in the shower and try to relax. 

You finished your shower a little while later and settled into bed. Jensen wrapped his arm around you, and soon you fell asleep.