Chapter 51 : Welcome to the World

You were sleeping soundly, Jensen's arm wrapped around your waist. Its was about 4 in the morning, and the house was silent. You woke up suddenly, sharp pains in your abdomen. You slowly rose from the bed as the pain got more intense.

"Jensen?" You said sleepily.

"Huh?" He asked as he rolled over.

"Baby, wake up." You said as you shook his arm.

"Huh?" He asked again, this time raising up and rubbing his eyes.

"It hurts." You said hurting even worse.

"What hurts, sweetheart? Your stomach?" He asked standing up and getting ready to help in anyway he could.

"Yes. I don't know what's wrong." You said standing up and wobbling to the bathroom.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" He asked.

"I can go, you need to rest. You can stay here with Evie." You said as you started to get dressed.

"What? No way. We can leave in 10." He said as he got up and started getting dressed. You quietly got Evie from her crib and placed her in her carrier. She whined a little, but eventually went back to sleep.

"Ready?" Jensen asked a few minutes later.

"Yes. Could you grab the hospital bag just in case?" You asked as he nodded.

A few minutes later and you were all in the car and heading to the hospital.

Once you arrived, you checked in and was given a room right away. The nurses started to check your vitals, and make sure your baby was okay. After a few test, they concluded you were in your early stages of labor. Your heart began to beat faster at the idea of getting to see your baby earlier than expected.

Jensen was also very happy, and ready to get this show on the road. He knew that the next few hours were going to be long and hard for you, but he would be there every step of the way. You were thankful that he was there, and that you had a great support system.

"Hey, baby. You feeling okay?" He asked as he placed a cool cloth on your face.

"I'm good, nothing yet." You smiled as you kissed his hand.

"Great. My parents are on their was to take Evie to their house." He said looking over to his sleeping daughter in her carrier.

"Sounds good." You breathed out as another contraction hit you.

"Your doing great." Jensen said taking your hand and smiling.

You just gave a quick smile as you breathed through the pain.

2 Hours later

------------------------------------

You were fully dilated , and it was time to start pushing. Jensen was holding one of your hands, and holding your leg with the other.

"Okay, lets push. 1,2,3!" Your nurse said as a doctor got ready.

"Aughhhhh." You screamed, pain washing over you rapidly.

"Great job, lets go again." Your nurse said again.

"AAughh!" You screamed louder.

"One more big push, your crowning." The doctor said.

You pushed a final time, feeling the intense and indescribable pain. Jensen moved to see your baby boy. His cries soon filled the room along with cheering and congratulations from the nurses and doctor. You smiled as a tears ran down your cheek. Your son was soon laid on your chest, and you looked down at him for the first time. He was handsome. He had his Jensen's dirty blonde hair, along with his emerald green eyes. He had your nose, and your lips. In a few moments Jensen cut the cord, and your baby was taken to be weighed and cleaned.

Jensen placed a big kiss on your lips, and laid his forehead against yours.

"I love you." You said as he looked down at you.

"I love you too." He smiled and tucked a strand of fallen hair back behind your ear.

The doctor came back a few minutes later with a perfect report. You thanked God, and breathed a sigh of relief. He was placed back in your arms moments later, now swaddled in a white blanket with a baby blue cap on. His eyes were closed, and he now lay silent in your arms. You smiled at how cute he was. Jensen looked down to him with a wide smile and glistening eyes.

"He's perfect." Jensen said as he touched Ryker's cheek.

"Here." You smiled, handing Ryker to him.

"Are you sure?' He asked, wanting you to be ready.

"Yes." You just said, nodding your head.

He gladly took him into his arms and sat down with him in the chair beside your bed.

"Hi, Ryker. Welcome to the world." He said pulling his cap back down over his tiny head.

Ryker started too coo and make little noises with his mouth. Jensen smiled as he looked down to the newborn.

You both just sat in the room, taking turns holding little Ryker.