Chapter 1: Happy Anniversary

Genesis Pov

The night grew old, but I didn't feel it. There was a different feeling this night. A feeling of revenge was in the thick air. I nearly choked over my conscience and died in my regret.

Today felt like a new day, yet my clothes felt no different. I pulled my dress over my bruised body and stepped into my heels. My balance was no more. I need to enjoy life while I'm still young. While I'm still here.

I stained the floor with every step I took, leaving my love in every print. My heels began to look like Christian Loubitons as I stained the marbles with my 'love', as he once called it.

I grabbed my keys from the key rack and stepped over his bloody body with no regrets. I will enjoy this night out on the town.

Even if I had to kill someone for it.

...

He looked at me like he despised me, although it was our fifth anniversary.

Liam Angels

Mama thought I lucked up when we moved from Jamaica to the United States and this handsome white model chose me to walk down the aisle with him. I thought I lucked up too.

I had my own life before I met Liam. I was a editor for this outstanding newspaper company in Jamaica. I was only 23, straight out of college. They saw how good I was at what I did and they immediately took me under their wing.

Now I have nothing to call my own. He's made me stop working to take care of the house. Everything is in his name. So, if he decided to put me out, then I'm just dumb and homeless.

How could a man treat his wife like she's nothing? Was our years not cherished as I thought they were?

He slowly started to change my image. My image on life, love, and my appearance. Everyone knows me by the honey colored lady with the funny accent and dreads flowing down her back. You know? The girl with the tattoos and striking piercing through her bottom lip. He wants me to cut my dreads and go natural. Get my tattoos surgically removed. Then, he wants my piercing gone.

I don't think I look inappropriate. Only way I would look inappropriate is if someone asked me to be their lawyer, and that's not going to happen in this lifetime.

Don't let those blue eyes and dark hair fool you. His love is like venom in my blood. It hurts, yet I keep wanting.

Liam Angels

Sometimes, saying his name brings chills to my already chilled body. Sometimes I wonder, did I really luck up?

I was so lost in my own lifeless thoughts that I didn't notice the waitress was standing there with her pen and pad waiting for my order. Liam just shook his head like I was an embarrassment to him.

"Only a water for me."

I made myself look stupid in front of a man that already thinks less of me. I want him to think highly of me. I want him to love me like he did the first day we met.

"You really should stop acting like an idiot, Genesis," he told me with hate in his eyes. His fists began to clinch as he tried not to show his anger.

I tried ignoring him and began playing with the ends of my dreads. It was hard to ignore the verbal abuse he gave me everyday. If he's not calling me dumb he's calling me ugly, too fat, too skinny, too light, too dark, and other things that would destroy any woman's self esteem.

"Can we just enjoy our anniversary dinner?" I asked in almost a whisper. I was scared of him at times. If a man struck you in the face like my husband did, you would be scared too. You would be petrified.

"Let's go," he stated as he threw his napkin aside. "Let's go, because you don't appreciate anything!"

I was afraid to move because I knew what was coming for me. I gave the couple at the next table a sad glare as they stared at the scene my husband was making on our anniversary.

He began tugging at my arm, trying to get me out my seat until I finally gave in. I tried grabbing my purse, which was hanging from the chair, but he made me leave it as he yanked me out the restaurant.

It was now raining on my bare skin. I didn't know rain was in the forecast. My days seemed to always appear rainy, as the blur of my eyes were often. I couldn't distinguish the rain from my tears as he forced me into his sports car. He slammed the door with force, as he jogged over to his side. My body shook as I braved myself for the moments to come. He crawled into the car in silence. He drove away as if he was not angry a few seconds ago.

"I'm sorry," I managed to whisper once we stopped at a red light. He didn't even acknowledge me. He continued to look ahead as if he was in the car alone.

"Liam I-"

"Just shut your mouth!" He yelled, causing me to jump in fear. I sat quietly the entire ride.

We pulled into his three story mansion. I only lived here. He whipped around the fountain of the naked lady and quickly parked.

"Get out," he said as he slammed his door once exiting.

I wish he knew how much I loved him and how much he means to me. Maybe then he wouldn't treat me like trash.

I got out the car and followed him up the steps to his home. He unlocked the door and pushed it open, causing it to hit the wall. I slowly walked in and closed the door behind me.

His home was beautiful. He had everything you would imagine a British model to have. I stepped out of my heels and carried them up the stairs to our bedroom.

I walked into our bedroom and placed my shoes in the walk in closet. I turned around I was met by Liam and his dark eyes.

"Must you embarrass me everywhere we go?" He spoke as he lifted himself off the bed. He ran his hands through his hair in frustration.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to embarrass you. I only wanted to enjoy our time and show you how much I love you." I almost cried because I knew what was waiting for me. He walked closer to me causing me to hit my back on the wall.

"You were talking back to daddy in front of many people." He said. I dropped my head and looked down at my freshly pedicured feet.

"I'm sorry daddy." I mumbled. He lifted my head and looked into my eyes.

"Say it like you mean it." He spoke. His minted breath rushed through my nose.

"I'm sorry daddy." I put more emphasis on daddy just how he liked.

"I love that Jamaican accent on you. I think that's why I married you." He smirked. He grabbed my ass and picked me up around his hips.

I wasn't in the mood for sex but if daddy wanted it daddy was going to take it.

He placed my face down onto the bed and I could hear him unbuckling his pants.

"Make that perfect arch I know you can." I could hear the smirk in his voice. I slowly arched my back pushing my ass into the air for him. I felt him shove himself into me and began having rough sex without my participation.

It was better than beating me like his life depended on it.

When he was done he left me there wet all over. He walked into our bathroom and slammed the door behind him. I quickly put my pajamas on and drowned myself into the covers.

Happy Anniversary to me