Chapter 26: moving on in

"Are you sure, Gen?" My mom asked as she stared at me while I packed the last of my things into boxes. She was doing more talking than helping.

"Mom I'm 43, not 23. Time will not wait for me. I love this man and he makes me happy." I told her. She simply smiled and helped me slide the boxes downstairs.

"I'm happy you're home." She said.

"I'm happy you're happy." I replied.

"C'mon, Gen. The moving truck is out here." Khi walked through the front door with a smile.

"Take care of my daughter now." My mom told him.

"Ma'am, your daughter is in good hands." Khi smirked at me.

I watched him pick up two boxes and carry them outside.

"I'm happy ma." I smiled at her.

"I want you to live the rest of your life in nothing but joy. I know I am." She said as she looked at George, who was walking down the stairs with a box.

"Iris, can you help instead of standing there looking pretty?" He asked my mom, causing us to laugh.

I picked a box up and carried it out. Khi was too busy talking to the guys on the moving truck to notice I had walked out.

"Hi." I spoke to the men.

"Babe, this is Jeff and Larry. They are trying to bet me on the upcoming basketball. Sounds like we are going to have $5,000.00 more." Khi wrapped his arms around me and smirked.

"Sounds like I'm going to have a wedding ring on my left hand." I said as I slid the box in the truck. The guys laughed at my poor sense of humor.

I wasn't laughing. I'm already moving in with the guy. The least he can do is marry me before I actually sleep with him. He does know I'm not sleeping with him, right?

"I'm going to marry you my queen. Stay patient." He said. I rolled my eyes.

"When?" I asked as I crossed my arms over my flat chest. I curse my mom for passing her small boobs down to me.

"When I break this situation down to Tammi and get settled, then I will give you your dream wedding." He kissed my forehead and continued putting the boxes in the truck.

"Let me tell her." I suggested. He and the guys looked at me like I had three heads.

"Tell her what? That you're here to take her man?" Khi laughed a little. Now that he said it, it does sound crazy.

"Well let me be there when you tell her." I said. He just looked at me and smiled.

"You insist on making this lady go off on us both. She's already upset you showed up to the house. Let's just do this like adults." He said.

*

*

*

I listened to nothing Khi said. Once we moved my things in, we sat around waiting for her to come home.

"I can't wait to decorate this place." I looked around at all the flowers and mushy stuff. This is not my type of party. I could have this place glistening is diamonds and marbles, like Liam and I's home.

"When she comes in, don't be harsh to her." He begged. I ignored his comment and continued looking around the dull room.

"I hate this china cabinet." I pointed to the old China.

"You're too bougie for me. I'm sorry but I don't have Liam Angels money, princess." He stated. I looked at him like he slapped my mom. Although it wouldn't be a bad idea.

"I'm sorry you look at me as a gold digging princess, Khi." I sat on his couch and slightly pouted. I didn't want to come off that way to him. I just want him to love me. I don't have a lifetime like I did when I was in my 20s.

Besides my shitty mom and pop-up step dad; and yes I said pop-up because he popped up out of nowhere.

"Stop." He came and sat next to me and hugged me. "I love you for you. Be a spoiled brat. I don't care." He whispered in my ear.

He made me feel free to be myself. Now it's time to tell him to get these ugly drapes away from his nice view of Manhattan. They're hideous!

"I love you, Mr. Lively." I whispered as he leaned in and started kissing me with those soft lips.

"Honey I'm-" We goth stopped and looked at the doorway. Tammi stood there with the look of shock and hurt written all over her young face.

"Tammi I was going to tell you face to face." Khi stood up but Tammi only stared at me. She closed the door and dropped her purse on the floor.

"What is this bitch doing in our home?" She started walking towards me but Khi blocked her.

I simply sat on his couch and smirked. Khi needs to learn to put his women in check if he plans to have any future with me. Better yet, leave other women alone.

"Watch that word, little girl." I told her.

"What's going on?!" She yelled out of frustration.

"You got to get your stuff and go." Khi told her. Her eyes grew big as she slapped his pale face. Khi is weak for this.

I stood up and snatched the drapes off the wall.

"And take these with you." I tossed the drapes to her.

"Genesis! I told you not to act out." Khi told me.

"Tell her everything then, Mr. Lively." I crossed my arms.

The poor girl cried as she bent down to pick her drapes up. I actually felt bad for her because I once would come home to other women in my house.

"I love Genesis. I was waiting for her the entire time." Khi said.

Now that he says it out loud, we're both pretty cold for this move.

"I like the wall color though." I told her. She dried her tears and picked her purse up from the ground.

"But we're married." She whimpered. Khi pulled her in and hugged her softly.

"I'll send the divorce papers to your dad's home. Im sure you're going to be staying there." Khi let her go and walked towards me and grabbed my hand.

"Well I hope you can keep him happy. I never could." The girl ran out the house crying.

"I'll send your clothes too." Khi opened the door and yelled down the hall to her.

Once he closed the door he started to look sad.

"Genesis, you've turned me into a heartbreaker for you." He said.

"You had an option." I shrugged. I sat on the couch and began flipping through the channels.

"You're not phased by this are you?" He asked.

I stopped the television on Friends With Benefits and looked up at him.

"I'm not phased by much, now. Grow some balls, Mr. Lively."