Chapter 24: coffee

That night, I was sinking everything in. That man had the nerve to get married. He told me I was his soul mate. Then he fed me that better career bullshit like I was a fool. He loves that lady.

"Hungry?" George came and stood in my doorway, wearing his white doctor's coat. I could see his stethoscope hanging out his pocket.

"You headed to the hospital this late?" I asked. He walked in and sat at the edge of my bed.

"A woman is there asking for me. Her husband beat her bad this time." He said as he looked at me with those weary eyes.

I knew that feeling so well. I use to request George because he was like a father to me. I never knew he would actually be a father to me.

"I hope she's okay." I said.

"I thought about you a lot while you were in prison, Gen. I had so many people come in from domestic violence and I knew you could be a voice for many." He said. I looked at him with confusion.

"What are you saying?" I asked curiously.

"Be a voice." He stood up and left my room.

I would like to talk to men and women, boys and girls about domestic violence. It's nothing to play with. Matter of fact it's nothing to deal with.

I regret letting Liam hurt me for so long. Then It lead to something life changing for me and the people who loved him. And to top It off, is till didn't get the man of my dreams. This is a story to tell before life repeats itself.

*

*

*

I woke up that following morning to someone throwing rocks at my window. I looked over at the clock and It was 6:13. This better be Romeo or I'm going to be pissed.

I slid out of bed and grabbed my robe from my vanity chair. I quickly put It on as I approach the window. I looked down and saw Khi. He looks very desperate this morning.

I looked at him for about three minutes before finally pulling the window up.

"What do you want, Lively?" He doesn't deserve to get called by his first name. I wish I can call him a lying whore who doesn't need a relationship, but my kindness won't allow that.

"Come to the caffe with me." He said. That's when I noticed he was fully dressed in a nice fitted suit.

"No way! Get away from my house." I ordered.

"Come on, Genesis. You can lash out at me over a cup of coffee." He suggested. I wish someone would just drop a piano on his head, but that would be another first-degree sentence for me.

I sighed and rolled my eyes at my own thoughts.

"Fine! Give me ten." I said before closing the window.

"Who were you talking to?" I turned and saw my mom standing by my closet sorting through clothes she wanted to wear.

"Khi. He wants to take me out for coffee. He better hope I don't pour mine in his face." I said as I stripped naked.

"Don't be so mean to him, Genesis. Put yourself in his position." She said as she grabbed my pink Dolce and Gabbana blouse and walked out.

I hate she can fit my clothes, because she's wearing them more than me.

I put on my loose t shirt I found in Forever 21. Not everything I wear is expensive. Just because Liam wanted me in all of that designer doesn't mean I always wanted to wear It. I enjoy being comfortable as well.