Chapter 14: Love licks

We walked into Walmart together while laughing at the old couple who were arguing over who was walking slower when they both were tip toeing with their basket.

"I hope that's not us in the near future. I would hate to leave you for a young woman." Khi laughed.

It warmed my heart that he actually saw me in his future. I can see us now. We could live on a nice ranch with all of our animals and kids running around. Forget the big city. I'm tired of the 24 hour noise.

"A young girl, huh? She's not going to want your wrinkled behind." I playfully pushed him. I pushed him right into this huge guy.

"Hey! Watch it pal!" The huge man yelled as Khi and I started to walk away quickly.

He grabbed my arm and pulled me to a side aisle quickly and started kissing my lips. This was our first real kiss. He did it like it would be the last time we saw each other.

Once he pulled away for air, he looked me into my eyes.

"Why'd you do that?" I asked. He stroked my cheek with his thumb and smiled.

"Because I love you." He said. I dropped my head to blush but he picked it back up.

"I don't want you staring in my face like that. My face isn't actually presentable right now." I said referring to the old scratches and bruises. He touched my bruises and kissed them softly.

"Don't you know you're a queen? Don't ever let another man touch you like that again." He said.

I looked over his shoulder and my eyes grew huge. It was Liam. He stood there staring at me with a blank look.

"Liam is here." I started to hyperventilate. Khi turned around and seemed confused.

"Babe, no one's there." He looked at me with worry in his eyes. I looked around him again and didn't see anyone. Maybe I was losing it. Maybe Liam has fear in my heart.

"I'm going to sit in the car. I'm not feeling so good." I told him. He looked at me with a worried look. I could tell he didn't want to leave me alone.

"Okay. I won't be long." He said before kissing me. I turned and walked away.

I headed towards the door and stopped once I saw a bmw with tinted windows. I've never seen a car like that but it stood out to me for some reason. I walked across the street into the parking lot and stopped once I noticed the bmw turned down the aisle I walked on.

The car stopped once I stopped. I was too afraid to turn around and look at the car. I did what any woman would do. I ran. I turned between some cars and tried running back into the Walmart.

"Somebody help!" I screamed as the car sped up to where I was. Right when I was running closer to the door someone grabbed me and drug me to the car. My shoe came off my foot as I was pulled into the backseat.

The driver was unfamiliar but the person who had their strong arms wrapped around me was so familiar.

It was Liam.

"Please let me go." I cried as the car pulled off. He snatched my purse and pulled my phone out. He threw it out the window while we were on the free way.

"You thought you were going to leave me? You'll die before you be with another man." He looked at me like he meant every word.

"Where to, boss?" The driver asked.

"Take us home." He said.

That statement made me shiver. I didn't want to go back home. I wanted to go back to my mom's house. I wanted her to make her famous Jamaican food while singing Reggae music. I wanted to be in my new office next to Khi.

Khi  

Oh God! He's going to think I just ran off and left him. He's going to think I played him.

"Please, Liam." I practically begged. He looked at me with so much rage and struck me across the face.

"Shut up! Just wait until we get home. You're going to get it!" He promised.

The driver tried not to look at us through the rear view mirror but he couldn't help himself. I just sat in the backseat crying like a baby.

"Hey Liam, be easy." The driver said.

"Did I ask you anything! Did I fucking ask you anything!" Liam yelled. The driver ignored him and continued to drive.

I was petrified once I saw the gate to the house. Once he pulled into the driveway, Liam quickly got out and pulled me out.

The driver took one last look at me before leaving. I wanted to run after the car but I didn't have the energy.

I turned to Liam and his face was red.

"So you're working for Sports Illustrated now, huh?" He asked so calmly.

"Please don't hurt me." I braced myself for his punches.

"You insist on making me angry." He grabbed my arm and pulled me into our home. Once the door closed all of my nightmares were back to life.

"I'm sorry." I cried as he took his time taking his belt off. I hated when the belt came out. Marc Jacobs didn't make his belts to harm people.

"Take your clothes off." He instructed. I wanted to run but it would only make it worse.

"Please, Liam. I'm you're wife. I'm a woman! You're supposed to love me!" I cried out. The last sentence touched my soul. I can remember when I was the happiest woman in the world. I felt like my world was complete when I married Liam Angels.

I slowly took my other shoe off to pull my pants down

"You said you would never hurt me." I said as I pulled my underwear down. He just watched with a blank stare.

"You said I was your partner. You made a vow to never do me wrong." I said as I pulled my shirt over my head. I couldn't feel anything. I unbuckled my bra and threw it to the floor with my other clothes.

Don't ever let another man touch you like that again

Khi's voice rang through my head causing tears to fall.

"You also vowed to stick by me." He said. He swung the belt back and struck my bare skin causing me to arch my back in pain. I cried out as he continued to whip me like I was a slave to him. I tried running to the kitchen but he grabbed me causing me to fall. I fell on the hard marbled floor hurting my leg in the process.

"Liam!" I screamed. He continued to whip me with the belt as I tried scooting away.

He threw the belt to the side and grabbed my dreads once again. He pulled me up by my hair and slapped me another good time in the face. My skin was burning from him constantly slapping me around.

I gathered myself together and ran to the nearest door. I burst through the basement door and started struggling down the stairs. I was met by the man cave he owned downstairs.

"Stop running and be a woman." I could hear him say. I tried beating in the basement window but it wouldn't open. That's when I felt him grab me by my neck from behind.

"Where you going?" He asked. He started choking the life out of me. I tried prying his big hands off my neck but he was too strong.

He finally let me go once I was two breaths away from dying. I fell to the floor coughing for air, only for him to kick me in the face causing me to fall back on my side. I couldn't feel my nose anymore. It felt like it wasn't even connected to my face. I couldn't see through my blurry eyes anymore.

"P-please." I hardly held my hand up to protect myself from this monster.

He kicked me in the stomach causing me to feel funny. I felt like I wanted to cough blood up. I opened my mouth to see my teeth were falling out. He actually kicked my teeth out my mouth. I was missing at least two teeth on the side.

"You're no good to me now! You're losing your fucking teeth like an old lady! I knew I shouldn't have married you." He spit on my weak body before walking back up the basement stairs.

Today is the day that Liam Angels has to go.