Chapter 12: Done

Today was the second week and I was finally able to leave that sick ridden place called a hospital. God how it felt good to get a brush of fresh air.

My swelling has went down but I still have scars and scratches in my face. My vision has gotten better in my eyes, although you can tell there was trauma done to it.

"Welcome home." My mom said as she pushed her door open to her Victorian home.

I walked in with my luggage and was amazed by the vintage home. It was amazing. It was just how I remembered it. I could write novels in here for the rest of my life.

"Are you sure you only give massages? I have watched the client list you know." I joked as I walked in. She giggled and took my luggage.

"Your room is still waiting for you." She smiled. I got excited and ran upstairs. The door straight ahead had the letter G hanging from the door on a hook.

I quickly ran down the hall and pushed the door open. Everything was the exact same. My bed was messy, how I always left it. The purple walls were still flawless. The paint look freshly done.

"Look at your desk." My mom came behind me and smiled. I smiled and walked over to my desk.

There, I saw all my cheerleading pictures. I saw my high school yearbook. All of my friends and classmates lied there as a memory from Jamaica.

"It's me girl's life, yea?" Her Jamaican accent was coming out as it always did at some point. Unlike me, she has lived in Jamaica all her life. So she still has some Jamaican ways.

"Yes mom! I love it!" I hugged her. She smelled like that Ackee and Saltfish we use to eat in Jamaica. It was always my favorite dish.

"I made your favorite." She said as she pulled away.

"Okay I'll be down." I told her. She smiled and walked out.

I plopped down on my soft queen sized bed and pulled my phone out my pocket. I decided to call Khi because I haven't heard from him in forever.

"What is it?" He answered the phone on the first ring. I was lost for words. I never thought what I would say if I ever saw or heard from him again.

"Hi." I simply said. I could hear him take this big sigh.

"Why are you calling me, Genesis? You know it's only causing hurt to you." He said. It hurt my heart to hear him say that. It's like he didn't care about me anymore.

"I miss you." I said. He laughed a very long laugh that didn't seem genuine.

"Stop, Genesis. Don't drag my feelings along while you still have your husband. It's not right." He said.

"I'm not dragging your feelings. I'm done with him. After this hospital incident-"

"Hospital? He put you in the hospital, Gen?" He cut me off. I was grateful that he sounded concerned.

"Yea, he almost killed me this time." I stood up and looked at my reflection in the vanity mirror. "I don't even look the same." I admitted.

He really did a number on me this time. He made it clear that he didn't want me with anyone else. Yet I still find myself talking to Khi.

"And you mean to tell me you're still living there?" He practically yelled.

"No. I live with my mom across town." I shrugged to myself. I'm a grown woman living with my mom. I'm sure plenty guys love chicks like that.

"I hope you never lose your sense of wonder, Gen." Khi said. I honestly didn't know what he meant by that.

"I'm going to continue my story. My mom has a MacBook and I can remember every detail I wrote. It wasn't much but it was so rememberable." I smiled. The other end of the line got quiet.

"Do what you have to do for you. Don't stop until you own your world, baby girl." He said after a long silence. He made my heart warm. I wish I could kiss him right now. He always knew what to say and how to say it.

"Thank you. Maybe once I get myself together I can come back for you." I said with so much hope. The other end got quiet once again. I couldn't even hear him breathing.

"Khi?" I called.

"Come back for me? Where did I go?" He said. That made me smile like I was a teenager in love. I fell back on my bed and closed my eyes in satisfaction. I knew he still had feelings for me.

"I knew you still cared." I giggled.

"Real men just don't stop caring about someone they love." He said.

My entire world stopped and I felt like it was only us two. He said love. Does he really love me? No guy has ever loved me but Liam.

"You love me?" I asked.

"Of course I love you, Genesis. I knew I loved you the first day I saw you catching writer's block in that cafe. I knew I loved you when I could share a genuine laugh with you. I knew I loved you when I got you an interview with Sports Illustrated." He said.

My eyes grew big as my mouth fell to the floor.

"You didn't!" I screeched. I stood up in my bed and did my happy dance.

"I totally got your back, baby girl. Just come in tomorrow and look how you normally look. Your dreads, tattoos, expensive clothes, that's all you. Just look like you and they'll love you." He said. I smiled. This guy deserves more than I can give him right now.

"How can I repay you?" I asked.

"Simple. Divorce Liam." He said seriously.

"Done." I said quickly. Who needs Liam when there's men in the world like Khi? I knew Divorces would take forever and that would give me time to actually sort that out.

Do I really want to divorce Liam? Yes. Do I want to be with Khi? Yes. Am I afraid of Liam? YES. Do I want to kill him? Definitely.

"I got a better idea." I told him.

"Shoot it to me."

"I could kill him. He would be out of our hairs forever." I said. Khi laughed a little.

"You're funny, Gen. So what are you doing tonight?" He said.

He didn't take me serious. I didn't take myself serious. I don't believe I could get away with killing my rich husband. Can I?

"The Menendez brothers practically got away with it. The idiot told his therapist. I just have to act distraught and-"

"Gen. Stop!" Khi said sternly. I sat on my bed and stared at my face. I couldn't even go to an interview looking like this.

"Gen is just getting started, baby." I assured him.