Chapter 11: Momma's Girl

I woke up to this beeping noise next to my ear. My body was in excruciating pain at this very moment. That's when I noticed an IV in my arm while I lied helplessly in the hospital bed. This man almost killed me.

I instantly started crying. My lip felt like it was swollen to the max while I couldn't feel my nose at all. I looked in my gown and saw my body was almost purple.

"Don't move." A soft voice spoke. I looked in the corner and saw my mom sitting there with a disappointed look.

"Mommy!" I cried out like I was a little girl. She stood up and walked to my bedside. She tried fixing my pillows so I could sit up but it hurt to move.

"Stop crying, Genesis." She said so calmly. My mom was never the one to over exaggerate anything. She made you feel like a little baby again.

"He tried to kill me ma." I cried.

"I told you about these rich men. You don't mean anything to them!" She sounded so upset at me. I felt like I let her down as a daughter. She had me when she was only 16 and I couldn't do something as simple as give her a reason to be glad she had me.

"Where is he?" I asked. I didn't want to say his name. His name sent poison through my weak body.

"I told the nurses not to let him in." My mom assured me.

"Do they-"

"Your pride is just like your mom. No, Genesis, the nurses don't know that he beat you up like this." She shook her head disappointedly.

"But he loves me." I cried trying to convince my mom and myself.

"Oh honey, that man doesn't love you. If he loved you he wouldn't treat you like a punching bag." She stroked my hair as I relaxed my head in her hand. I cried silently to myself.

I don't know why my husband puts his hands on me in this way. He doesn't feel a bit of remorse when he sees me with bloody noses and black eyes.

Speaking of eyes, I could barely see through my right eye. He really fucked me up big time. I knew that no one could bare to look at me now.

Khi

I wonder did he try to call me or anything when I left. That was a desperate cry for help. I thought he was going to come after me. I'm pretty sure I broke his sweet heart behind this stunt.

"Where's my phone?" I tried sitting up but my mom softly pushed me back down.

"Forget the phone Genesis! You need to focus on filing a report on this man and a divorce while you're at it. He will not stop hurting you. He will only get more violent and before you know it I'll be burying a child." She said with a single tear running from her eye. She quickly wiped it and went back to her chair in the corner.

My mom is a proud woman and she doesn't believe in settling. She thinks that if people are going to be in our business we should make sure our business is clean.

"But I love him, ma." I cried out.

"Shut up, Genesis! You don't know what love is!" She snapped causing me to cry more.

"You're moving in with me until you get yourself together." She said. I could only look at her. I knew I didn't have a choice at this point. I also wanted to see Khi without having to go back to my home. That's if he even wants dealings with me.

"I met this guy and he really treats me like I'm a queen. He works for Sports Illustrated magazine. He's so handsome and sweet." I smiled at the thought of that man. He made me feel like the only woman on this earth.