Chapter 39: The End

I sat in my vanity chair, half sleep, as my crew tried doing my hair and makeup at the same time. Yes I'm important enough to have my own crew now.

My book First Degree hit #1 on the NYTimes Best Selling Authors list for two years now. I'm truly grateful and humble for this accomplishment. My book has been made into different movies, with Sanaa Lathan playing as me. They were being quite generous considering Sanaa is hot and I'm average.

Right now, I'm preparing to go on set with Ellen Degeneres on her talk show, to talk about my new book title What I'd Do For Love.

And before you freak out, no it's not talking about me killing a woman over my husband. It's basically teaching women how to submit to their husband.

"Are you ready Mrs. Lively?" I heard Khi behind me. He's so supportive even though he still works his butt off with Sports Illustrated.

I looked over at him once my makeup was on. He smiled and gave me a thumbs up.

"Don't put the deep curls in. I want them loose." I told my hair stylist as she curled my hair. She nodded as she continued her work.

"I brought donuts!" Tess walked in with Krispy Kreme, causing the backstage to go nuts for them. Everyone began attacking the donuts, including my hair stylist. Luckily for me she was done.

I looked in the mirror as I wore a classy black Chanel dress and red bottom heels.

"On in five!" Andy, Ellen's right hand man, yelled. I could hear Ellen's voice from the stage.

"Now my next guest is a woman of power, strength, and beauty. She has written a book for the second time titled What I'd Do For Love. Ladies and gentlemen. Genesis Lively." She introduced me, and her audience went nuts.

The walls slid open and I was revealed to the people. I walked out with poise and class as I waved at the elated audience. I made it my business to hug Ellen because, well she's awesome as hell.

"Ellen I must tell you, you're going to be blessed beyond measures for taking your power and stance and giving back to others." I told her as I sat down. She smiled as the audience clapped.

"Well you have done something awesome yourself. I heard you and your husband, who is a very successful Editor for Sports Illustrated, opened a group home for battered women." Ellen spoke.

"Yes. As everyone may know I've been tried and put away for the same thing that these women are experiencing, so I want to be a voice for them since no one was a voice for me. There are a lot of them who are very strong women might I add." I said.

"That's awesome. Tell us about your new book, What I'd Do For Love." Ellen insisted.

"Well this book is basically a How-to manual for women who choose to submit to their men. Nothing freaky." I laughed at the end with Ellen.

"Yea, totally. Nothing freaky at all about men." Ellen said, causing her audience to laugh at her joke about men.

"Let's play a game. I'm going to bring my previous guest back out, Jada Pinkett Smith." She said, causing the audience to clap. Ellen's audience would clap even if she stood up and sat down. They were freaking amazing.

I heard Jada previously talking about her new show on Facebook, Red Table Talk. It was rather interesting. She strutted out and I stood up as we hugged each other.

"Now the rules to this game is being honest. If you have done it, hold that side up. If you have never, hold that side up." Ellen spoke as she handed us fans with the words on each side.