Chapter 37: interview

The kids ran around tagging each other in the park. I needed to take a break as my body was aching from jumping off the balcony. Khi is betraying me. He is trying to get me admitted into a mental asylum. Of course they would say I need help since I killed my first husband!

No one gets me at this point. I'm basically alone in this world.

"Genesis!" I heard Khi's voice.

I turned around and saw him running towards me with anger in his face. I didn't have the energy to run. My body was in pain. I'm surprised I'm not paralyzed right now.

"I'm not going." I told him. He ignored me and sat next to me on the bench.

"You're really freaking me out, Gen. Why did you jump like that? You could have killed yourself!" He looking at me with worry.

I guess I never thought of that. I felt like I was close to death when I was lying on that hard ground.

"Oh shut up! You're getting rid of me anyway." I frowned.

"You're still my wife, Genesis. It's not like I'm sending you to prison you crazy girl. You need a straight jacket." He wrapped his arms around me as we sat on the bench watching kids play.

"We should have had kids. Maybe even Liam and I. Maybe I wouldn't be so sick." I said. He didn't say anything. He just watched everyone around us.

"You're talking about what could have been. What about now? What about your health?" He finally broke the silence for what seemed like forever. I didn't know what to say. I knew I didn't want to go to a looney bin.

"I'll die before I let you take me there." I commented. I'm not lying. I rather die than allow them to treat me like a prison half my life and a psycho the other half.

"You don't have to go." He told me. I looked at him with a smile. I knew he would change his mind.

"Because they're here to get you." He finished. I'm confused. That's when I noticed two huge men in white scrubs approaching me.

I jumped to my feet and looked at him with betrayal in his eyes.

"No!" I screamed. The men grabbed me by both arms and began dragging me through the park.

"Be careful with her!" He yelled. I was kicking and screaming for my freedom. Everyone in the park was watching me be carried away. They threw me in the back of this white van and strapped me down. I felt like Hannibal Lecter.

"Khi!" I cried out.

"I'm following you there, honey. No one is going to book you right away." He said as if that was going to make me feel better. I wanted to fight him right now.

"I'm your wife!" I screeched as they closed the door. I was trapped in the back of this looney bin.

*

They pulled me out the van and escorted me to the entrance.

"Angels?" The lady at the front desk asked as she looked through my files. I dreaded that last name. I wish I never had it.

"It's Lively." I corrected her.

"Her husband called us. I think she needs the interview." One of the big men told her.

"Place her in the third room." She instructed. They yanked me forcefully into the room and pushed me in. I fell down to the floor and swear my body ached more. I slowly got up and looked around the room.

There was only a small desk and a chair on either side. The room reminded me of those mental asylums they show on television. There was a two way mirror, yet the room was completely white with soft walls.