Chapter 38: First Degree

I sat in my new white room. There was a tiny barred window above my head, over the tiny twin bed. They even made me wear these white scrubs. I felt like a crazy person.

I've been here for about three weeks now. I take my red and blue pill daily. I get tranquilized at least five days out the week for resisting their orders. Sometimes they strap me to a table and shock my entire body.

That's kind of harsh I would say. There is no need to get physical with me if I never get physical with them.

Khi visits each day during visiting hours.

Thank God

I'm normally isolated from others. Every now and then they allow me to go outside on the yard for fresh air.

My mom is still incredibly angry at Khi. She even pulled a knife on him the day she was told. Tess visits as well. She hits on the crazy guys in here as if it's a college. She's married for crying out loud!

"You have a visitor." The pretty, petite nurse came and stood in my door. She wore this very forced smile. A smile she seems to have plastered on her face everyday.

I stood up from my bed and followed her down the hall. I knew it was only Khi. He visits everyday. Most of the time we eat snacks and play chess. He tells me about his day at work and I tell him about how I got shocked in the back for resisting the pills.

I walked into the visitor's room and saw him with a grin. I hugged him and we sat.

"What happened at work today?" I asked. He sighed and shook his head. He seemed rather different today. He seemed eager.

"How was your day?" He asked. I shifted in my seat and began talking.

"Well this crazy guy shit his pants in the cafeteria. I got tranquilized this morning and around lunch time. Then I found out I'm a horrible Connect 4 player. Regular smegular." I shrugged. I was horrible with that joke at the end.

He laughed at my lack of excitement. I knew that was his reason for laughter because he does that everyday. Everything is a cycle now.

"I told you to stop resisting them, Genesis. You crazy girl." He told me. I reached out for his hands and he rested them in my hand on the table. I enjoyed his touch most of all.

"When can I come home?" I asked. I asked this everyday he comes to visit. A big grin grew on his face.

"What if I said I could get you out of here today?" He asked.

"No way, Lively!" I said excitedly. He nodded and smiled. My lips spread into a smile that caused my cheeks to hurt bad. I knew I was looking like the Joker.

"Who's the man?" He held his arms up as he flexed his muscles.

"You're so the man! So when can I go?" I asked excitedly. Three weeks in here was like two years in prison. I'm surrounded by real mentally ill people and I feel out of place. I may be crazy but I'm not crazy crazy.

These people knew I wasn't crazy here. Hell, I am the only one who knows I'm Genesis Lively and not Janet Jackson here! I'm the only one that knows who Barack Obama is. And I'm the only one that knows pudding is not mashed potatoes!

Shit, Old man Larry just shoved a bunch vanilla wafers in his mashed potatoes in hopes of making banana pudding. I could really vomit at this sight.

But honestly...

I'm offended for even being here. Matter of fact, I could punch Khi in his jaw for bringing me here. I get I killed a lady, but the bitch kept making passes at my husband.

"We can go now. I filled out your papers before they called you." He said.

My smile grew wider. I jumped from my seat and jumped for joy. I slowly stopped before I found myself back in a straight jacket.

You know those things are rather had to remove yourself from. I had a very hard time convincing myself that I was going to get out of one.

"Yes!" I said excitedly. He grabbed my hand and we walked straight out the door. We got in his red bmw and I felt normal again.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"Sane." I said as I looked out the window. I swear it seemed like I heard him let go a breath he was holding. I don't blame him for being terrified of me. Sometimes I could scare myself.

Like when I was in there, I had thoughts of skinning cats. Why? Cats never harmed me although I don't like them. Then I would daydream about bombing Trump's Tower. Yet that may not be a bad idea.

"Remember that book I was writing years ago? I think I was in my first marriage." I looked over at him as he stopped at a red light.

"How can I forget? You practically lived the story." He laughed a little.

"No seriously, Khi. I think it's time to write my story. People deserve to hear my view on things and life as it is for me now." I said.

The light rapidly switched to green, causing Khi to roar off. He didn't say anything. He simply nodded slowly.

"Are you prepared for some of the backlash and negative comments?" He asked.

I didn't care what people thought of me at this point. Whether they think I'm innocent or guilty, I did the time regardless. There is nothing they can o to me at this point.

I've never been fund of fans of Liam anyway. They all either slept with him or worked for him no one genuinely liked that man. Be real.

"Screw them." I laughed, earning a chuckle from Khi.

"Well I think it's a great idea. We should get you started first thing in the morning. This should be interesting." He smirked.

Yea.. interesting is very much the word.

"Think I should name the book First Degree." I suggested.

"Sounds like a money maker to me." He shrugged.

I nodded and looked out the window. Manhattan won't know what hit him once I go into dept of the life of little Gene from Jamaica to the battered Genesis Angels, all the way to the happy and blessed Genesis Lively.