Chapter 33: Love Me Some Him

We showered together in the beautiful outdoor shower. No one could see due to the two way mirrors. It made me feel scandalous.

We got dressed to walk the beach. I slipped on my kaki shorts and pink crop top.

"You go girl, looking all delicious and what not." Khi smirked, causing me to blush.

"Oh hush! My stomach still flat for these shirts. I haven't had any kids." I laughed.

"Yet." He shrugged. I ignored his big head and slid my feet into my Chacos.

"You look like a white girl right now." He joked. Says the white guy, though. I don't care. I love my Chacos and kaki shorts.

"So? I bet your feet won't be as comfortable as mine." I stuck my tongue out and started walking towards the door. I was stopped by something that made my skin crawl.

"Honey, there's a snake on our door." A tear rolled down my eye. I was petrified of snakes. Back in Jamaica, snakes use to sleep in the same home as me. My cousin, Mina, got bitten by a poisonous snake and she died when we were only 11. Now imagine how you would feel towards snakes.

"He's hissing at me!" I screeched as I quickly bagged away.

"Don't run. Just stand still." Khi slowly grabbed a knife from his luggage and eased towards the door.

"Baby, be careful." I screamed. He looked at me like why are you screaming.

"Genesis! Please stop before he bites me." He begged. I played like I zipped my lips and threw the zipper away. We use to do that when I was in elementary school. That was our way of saying we would keep a secret.

My husband thinks he's on animal planet. He stood face to face with the snake and stabbed him in the head. The snake went limp and fell to the floor, causing a thud noise to sound throughout the bungalow. The snake still swirled around in circles.

I grabbed a letter opener off the desk and sliced his head from his body. That will show that snake which newlyweds to mess with.

"Go team Lively." Khi laughed. He held his hands up for a high five and I slapped his hand with a smile.

"Go Lively. Go Lively." I started doing the cabbage patch around the room. He just looked and laughed.

"You have no rhythm." He teased. I stopped and pouted.

"I have you know I was a stripper back in my prime. They called me Candy Girl." I joked. He stared at me with a goofy grin.

"Oh really? I'm pretty sure you didn't get much money. My mom can dance better than you." He laughed. I knew he was probably right. I can't catch a beat to save my life.

"Let's just go surfing or something." I rolled my eyes. Khi is a hater on my pure talent.

"Tag you're it." He tapped my shoulder and dashed out the door.

"No fair you cheater!" I yelled after him as I ran out the door. I forgot Tess told me the ran track together in college. It's showing.

I jumped over this deck to the next deck as I saw him do.

"You kids stop running!" This old lady yelled.

It was funny because we both were far from kids. I can almost see grey hair in Khi's hair.

"Slow down, Lively!" I called out. He rounded the corner of this shack and jumped into the water fully dressed. That's where he had me beat. I was not letting my natural curls get wet. My hair would puff out like an Afro.

"You win, Khi." I said from the edge of the water.

I waited for him to come back up and respond, but there was no movement in the water.

"Khi?" I got down on my knees and waved my hands through the water. There was still no movement. I started to freak out.

"Baby?" I took my shoes off and got into the water and dove to the bottom. I felt something grab me and pull me up.

"Miss me?" He asked. I stared at Khi as my wet hair hung down my eyes. I can't believe this jerk. He played me.

"You're sick." I pushed his chest and climbed back up onto dry land. I pulled him up and we rung our clothes out.

"I so can see your nipples through your crop top now." He laughed. I looked down and my breasts were sitting firmly on my chest. My nipples were clear as day through the wet shirt.

"Think I can pull guys?" I asked.

"Only if you want to get left here." He said. I smiled and looked into his beautiful eyes.

"I would never betray you." I told him. I gripped his hand as we began walked together. I held my Chacos in my free hand. His wet shoes were still on his feet.

"If you did I probably would find some weird way to justify why you did. I wouldn't be able to live another day with you." He looked down at me with a serious look. I looked off into the pink-purplish sky. The sun was beginning to set, slowly but surely.

"Look." He pointed excitedly at the sun. I was too busy looking at him.

This man saved me. He saved me from what I thought would go on until the day I died. Although it took some time, I'm still grateful.

"I love you." I said. He looked down at me with a smile.

"I love you too." He kissed my forehead. I felt safe in his presence. I've dated so many wrong men in my lifetime. I've finally found the man God has intended for me to be with. He's my better half.

"This would make a great picture." I looked at the beautiful sky.

"No work on our honeymoon." He said. I knew he was right. It's all about me and him.

"Race you to the sand?" I said. A big cheesy grin grew on his face and he took off running.

I practically fell over myself trying to run as fast as him. I went tumbling down over a bench I tried running around, but my leg got caught. I couldn't breathe from laughing so hard at myself. Khi stopped and fell to the ground to laugh.

My knee was killing me but my stomach was killing me worse from laughing so hard.

"Come help me, Lively!" I yelled. He came stumbling over to me and picked me up bridal style.

You know that song by Toni Braxton? The one about loving me some him? Yea, that's how I feel about my husband. He's so sweet when he wants to be.

"Should I carry you back to the bungalow? It's getting dark and our clothes are soaking." He looked down at me with those dreamy eyes. I lied my head on his shoulder and nodded.

We walked in silence back to our bungalow. People were gathering their things to get back into their bungalow. Couples were everywhere, being happy and in love.

Older couples seemed to be the most comfortable with each other. They didn't mind wearing their bathing suits with their old skin revealed. I loved it all.

"Let's stay together." I looked up at Khi.

"Anything for you, Lively." He smirked. I simply snuggled into his chest as he carried me away.