Chapter 13: Kerosene

Drip

Drop

Drip

Drop

I stared as the water continued to drop from the outside of the building as I stood on the eighth floor looking up at the end of the roof.

"You're waiting to see the managerial editor for a photo shoot?" This country accent spoke.

I looked behind me and remembered I was in this nice waiting room with several women. The girl had this nice tanned skin with beautiful blonde curls. Her eyes struck me with those all American blue eyes. They all looked like swimsuit models.

"I'm no model." I smiled.

"Girl where you from?" She smirked. I could honestly ask her the same. She sounded like she was from the deep south.

"Jamaica. Where are you from?" I asked as I went to sit next to her on the fancy wood chairs.

"I'm a Bama gal. I'm here to talk to a guy named Khi. They recommended him so I can get on the front of Sports Illustrated." She said excitedly. I was actually excited for her. She's a beautiful girl and deserves to be front cover of any magazine.

"Well good luck with all these other ladies." I giggled. She looked around and instantly looked sad.

"They are pretty, huh? I should go." She stood up but I grabbed her arm.

"Are you giving up on something you want?" I asked.

"Look at that Latina over there. She's hot. Then the brunette in the corner totally has nice boobs. I don't stand a chance." She said sadly.

Honestly, she was the prettiest one in the room. That's when I saw a small bruise on her arm. She pulled away when she notice me staring.

"It was an accident. I hit it on the door." She tried explaining as she sat down slowly. She tried covering the bruise with her other hand. I knew those lies so well. I knew she was in danger.

"Your boyfriend support this modeling thing?" I asked. She just looked out the wide window in front of us.

"I left him in Bama with the dog." She said sadly.

At least she had the courage to leave. I had to get beaten repeatedly for years!

"It's okay. Do you see my face?" I asked her. My scars were still visible. A blind man could see I was once beaten.

"Did your boyfriend do that to you?" She asked as she softly touched the scratch on my cheek.

"He had me in the hospital for two weeks. He once stripped me down in the Manhattan winter and left with my keys." I don't know why I felt so comfortable telling her all this information.

"You should get some kerosene. I burned my boyfriend's house down while his whore was in it with him. Unfortunately they got out with the dog." She giggled.

"We should be friends." I smirked.

"Who's the creep who put his hands on you?" She asked.

"Liam Angels." I shrugged. Her mouth dropped.

"Oh my God! I've had the biggest crush on this dick for years! I always saw him in the Calvin Klein and Hollister pictures! I totally hate him now!" She said as she crossed her arms in shock.

"Genesis Angels." This young, pretty secretary came and stood in the doorway with her clip board.

"Hi." I smiled as I approached her.