Chapter 18: New Start

Khi was so nice to bond me out with $100,000. I mean they really forced the bond money. I don't even think OJ Simpson's bond was that high, yet he killed his wife and her lover!

"Thanks a lot. My trial starts in a month." I said as he opened the door to his place.

"So how do you feel?" He asked.

I made myself comfortable on his couch and took my shoes off. I lied down with my head cushioned on a pillow.

"Talk to me when I wake up, Khi. They have been riding my back this entire week about the case. I can't get a break. Everywhere I look there are cameras and reporters. There's stuff in the magazine about you and I. I got fired from my first job in America! On top of that my mom doesn't want to talk to me." I feel sad.

When everything is going bad, I call on my mom. Now she doesn't even want to hear from me. I called her so many times from jail and she never answered my calls. I guess I'm a disappointment to her. World's worst daughter award goes to Genesis Angels!

"Want me to get you some food or anything?" He asked. I looked at his sweet face and just shook my head. He is too good for me and I'm only bringing him down.

"I should go. I will pay you back every cent of your money. I promise." I sat up on the couch and put my shoes back on.

"You're not leaving me." He said.

I looked up at him and saw him fighting the tears back. What have I done to him?

"Don't cry, Khi. You're going to make me cry. I'm already scared and now I'm feeling pain." A single tear rolled down my face, staining my red t shirt.

"It's so unfair how nothing I want or have goes in my favor! I lost my first wife and I slowly died on the inside. A piece of me is still dead from her. Then I found my true soulmate. A woman who reminds me of everything I love in life. Now she may not be with me for a while!" He said with anger.

Did he just call me his soulmate?

Liam never called me his soulmate and he actually married me. I guess this is the person God planned me to be with.

"If God planned us to be together and planned us to be soulmates, then nothing, not even prison, would keep us apart." I stood up and touched his cheeks. I saw the bruises around my wrists the handcuffs had on me.

"I won't be able to protect you. I couldn't even be a real man and protect you from your husband. If I would have stood up for my love for you then you may not be on trial for murder." He cried.

I could only stare at him. He's too perfect for a damaged woman like me. He deserves a girl like...

I really hate to say it

I don't want to say her name

He deserves a girl like Tess.

I dropped my head at my thought. As much as I didn't want to believe it, Tess is more of a woman for Khi than I am. She loves and supports him on a best friend level. Those are the best relationships to have.

"What about Tess?" I looked up at him after he stopped his little break down. He looked rather confused.

"What about Tess?" He leaned against the wall and I could hear Tess's bedroom door open.

"Genesis." She said surprised.

"Surprise." I said not so excitedly. She smiled softly and came over to hug me. Khi watched the both of us with confusion in his face.

"Thought I heard my name." Tess said as she walked in the kitchen to snack on something.

"You love Khi." I said. All movement stopped in the kitchen where she was. Khi looked in her direction and he then looked down at me.

"If I had any type of feelings for Tess, I wouldn't even have paid for your bond. Learn that every guy isn't like your husband." Khi was putting me in my place.

"And every girl a guy hangs with isn't trying to ride his dick!" Tess came in and added. She looked rather pissed, just like Khi.

"Sorry for the assumption." I said dryly. They still looked pissed.

"I should go home." I stood up from the couch and walked towards the door. He slid in front of the door before I could open it.

"No you are going to go sit down and we are going to wait for your trial. You aren't even in a stable mentality to be out on your own. You just accused Tess and I for having a relationship. You're losing it, Gen." He told me. I looked at him then looked back at Tess. She simply nodded.

"Can someone at least get some of my clothes from my home?" I asked.

"Tess will get some on her way to buy groceries." Khi said.

"No Tess won't. Tess was headed to the nail shop! Khi can send his ass out there in this cold weather and make multiple trips." Tess said as she walked back to her room.

Khi rolled his eyes and looked at me. He looked worried. I knew the press was outside waiting for one of us to come out.

"I rather stay in and smell rather than go out there and make an ass of myself." I went and fell back on the couch. He came and sat next to me.

"Let's go to my room." He insisted. Is this his way of saying let's have sex?

"Carry me." I reached my arms out for him to grab me. He smiled and picked me up like I was a baby.

"Take that off." He pointed down to my wedding ring. It was worth so much I wanted to wear it as jewelry.

"This ring costs more than our home." I exaggerated. He laughed and slid it off my finger. He placed it gently on his vintage coffee table.

"I don't care. This is our new start." He leaned in and kissed my lips softly.

"New start my ass. Y'all need to start somewhere else because I have company coming over." Tess came out her room twirling around like an in-love teenager.

"Stay in your room then!" Khi complained like he was annoyed with his sibling.

"No! I plan on having sex on every piece of this furniture." She assured. I looked on the couch to see if she left any stains. Luckily, it appeared clean. 

"Tess, I honestly don't like you." Khi looked at her with boredom. 

"I'm not for you, Khi." She smirked and walked back into her room.