Chapter 27: Change

"I knew you were with someone else." I cried. The tears fell down my face as he stood before me with his fist in knots.

"Do you pay any bills?" He asked coldly. I held my aching stomach as I cried myself down the front door.

He grabbed me aggressively and slung me to the stairs. I could have sworn my back was broke from the force.

"Get up and take it like a woman!" He yelled. Before I could move, he kicked me in my already sore stomach. I coughed up blood as I cried out for help.

I knew no one could hear me. No one but the battered girl he was punching and kicking around.

"Liam!" I screamed but he gave me another boot to the stomach. I didn't bother speaking. I just held my stomach as he left me on the floor to bleed and cry.

"Genesis!"

I quickly jumped up and was met by a pitch black room. I was lying in the arms of Khi. He looked at me with a worried look.

"I'm not Liam and he can't hurt you anymore." He assured me. I was still shaking and crying. I have had these dreams ever since I killed him. I was afraid that he would come back to me. He has. He beats my ass every night in my dreams.

"Khi, I need help." I cried in his arms. The state of New York was so focused on getting me life in prison that they never considered my feelings. They never tried getting me cancelling or mental help.

"How about we drink some coffee and watch movies." He suggested. I rubbed my blurry eyes and noticed the clock said 11:39 pm. Who drink coffee at night?

"I'll lay here." I slid back down into the silk sheet and he just watched me.

"What?" I asked, feeling weird under his gaze.

"You know, we've never had sex." He said. If I told the truth he probably would kick me out to the curve. The truth is, I don't want to have sex. I find my intimacy from just talking to him. He touches me without touching me, if that makes any sense.

"Yea.." was all I could say.

"So how about it?" His hands crept up my t shirt and started massaging my breasts like it was his job. I didn't want him to stop.

"How about it?" I managed to sneak a moan out.

He suddenly stopped. I tried looking into his eyes in the dark room. He sighed and got out the bed. He walked over to his balcony door and started lighting what smelt like a cigarette. Since when did he smoke cigarettes?

"You okay?" I decided to ask. He blew the smoke out into the thick night air. I could feel a slight breeze coming in as he had the sliding doors open.

"Yep." Was all he said.

So why aren't you screwing my brains out right now?

But I wasn't mad that he wasn't. I knew that he probably felt the same way, in an odd way.

"I'm not that young girl anymore?" I asked, trying to see if it was me. He put his cigarette out and turned to me, with his hand sin his pajama pants. I don't know why guys tend to do that at random. They will even sleep with their hands in there pants, just sitting there.

"Genesis, while you were away I had more than enough time to think." He said. He was making me nervous. I pulled the sheets back off me and crawled out of the bed. I put my robe on and walked towards him.

"Me too." I held onto him for dear life. I didn't want to hear him say goodbye to me. I hope it wasn't going there.

"I thought I hated you for leaving me. Then I hated myself for falling in love with a woman like you. You were always too much for me." He said.

I'm waiting for the good part to come. Any minute now.

"You made me feel alone and lonely." He continued.

I started to feel queasy. I'm 43-years-old. I have no time for breaking up and finding another fling.

"What are you saying, Lively?" I looked up into his dark eyes.

We stared at each other for what seemed like forever. He didn't know what to say and I didn't know what to do. It was like two teenagers lost for words.

"Spit it out!" I said more loudly than intended. His lips curved into a sad smile.

I knew then that this was it for us. The long and drawn out relationship of Khi Lively and Genesis Angels was over.

"Genesis Angels.." he stopped and looked anywhere but my face. He made me so nervous that I bagged away from him and started crying in the dark room. I plopped down on the bed and cried in my hands. I can't believe him. I killed my husband for this jerk!

"What did I do?" I cried like a baby with my hands palming my face.

"Stop crying, Genesis." He sounded closer to me. I rubbed my hands down my face to dry my tears and noticed he was inches away from me.

My heart started skipping beats as I noticed the shiny diamond in the dark room. It glistened from the small Tiffany's box and he knelt down before me.

"It's time to lose that Angels off your name, baby girl. It means you no good. I can treat you better than any human being on this planet earth could. I promise to protect you until I draw my last breath, Genesis. Will you marry me?" He asked.

I can't believe this is happening. I knew I would get my happily ever after, even if It meant I had to kill someone for it.

"Yes!" I said excitedly. He slid the ring on my finger and leaned me back on the bed in fits of kisses. I suddenly had the urge for sex again.

"Think it's too late to make a baby?" He asked in all seriousness, causing me to laugh.

"Khi, there is no way we will be raising a 17 year old at the age of 60." I laughed.

"Yea that does sound creepy." He shrugged it off and continued kissing me like I was going out of style.