Chapter 16: Blood

The night grew old, but I didn't feel it. There was a different feeling this night. A feeling of revenge was in the thick air.

I pulled my dress up over my bruised body and stepped into my Steve Madden heels once I put my clothes back on due to my slightly bloody body. I need to enjoy life while I'm still young.

I stained the floor with every step I took, leaving my love in every step. My heels began to look like Christian Loubitons as I stained the marbles with my 'love', he called it.

I grabbed my keys from the key rack and stepped over his bloody body with no regrets. I will enjoy this night out on the town.

Even if I had to kill someone for it.......

I got in his matte black Porsche and roared off in the night. The first place I stopped by was Khi's place. I walked up to his door and knocked lightly.

"Who is it?" I heard Tess say.

"Genesis." I said.

"Khi doesn't want to see you, Genesis." Tess said.

"I'm not here to see him." I lied. She giggled and opened the door. She had her robe on with her hair tied.

"Girl where you going looking fine?" She asked.

Khi walked from the back and stopped once he saw me.

"Khi I'm so happy to see you." I ran to him and jumped in his arms. He looked so surprised as I kissed all over his face.

"What's up, Genesis? You left me." He stated the obvious once I got myself under control.

"Look at my face under this makeup, Khi. I didn't leave you." I sighed. He tried rubbing my makeup off slightly but I curved his hand.

"Chill, Khi." Tess told him.

"Why didn't you call me? I could have came to get you. I could have-" He stopped and stared at my hair.

"What do you see?" Tess came and stood next to him and her eyes grew wide too.

"Genesis." Khi said in disbelief. I started rubbing my head to see what they saw.

"Am I missing dreads? He pulled my hair." I said. Tess put her hand in my head and showed it to me.

"Is this your blood too?" She asked. Her and Khi stood there waiting for answers. Honestly, I didn't know what to say.

"What did you do?" Khi asked. I panicked and started pacing. That's when they looked down at the blood on the bottom of my shoes as I walked.

"I didn't mean to." I started to cry.

"Oh fuck." Tess threw her hands up into the air. I knew I fucked up big time. I just wanted to do everything I wanted to do before they found that punk ass man!

Khi sat down on the couch trying to gather his thoughts.

"So you killed him?" He finally let the words come from his mouth. It sounded so much worse when you say it out loud.

"He attacked me and knocked my teeth out with his steel toe boots." I opened my mouth to show them my missing teeth.

"You guys don't know what it's like knowing someone if out there waiting to hurt you for no reason. They would strip you from your pride and joy. It hurts mentally and physically. I was terrified of that man. I have been married for five year and have been getting beat up for three of them. He beats me like I'm a man to him. He gave me permanent bruises." I slid my dress down to show them my back and stomach.

"He almost killed me on several occasions. Today he kidnapped me from Walmart just to take me back home and leave me out cold in the basement. I have been crying for years and years and now I finally feel free. I feel like prison is more safer than the home I once lived in." I was now crying. I had Tess crying her little eyes out with me. She pulled my dress back up on me and hugged me.

Khi sat there with his teary eyes trying to hold the tears back.

"You killed him, Genesis. When the police find him you are going to prison and that just fucks my future up with you! Dammit, Gen! I love you so much!" He cried out the last part in pain.

"I love you too." I went over and hugged him like my life depended on it. I couldn't let him go. I was afraid that if I let go I would never hug him again.

"I'm sorry." I told him. He just kept crying in my neck.

"So are you even going to put up a fight when the police come?" Tess asked. I had no intentions on getting away with murder. I had the intentions on killing my husband and doing the time.

"No. My finger prints are on the gun. My heel prints are in his blood. Hell I am the only person that has a legit motive to kill him. I can't run from this." I told her.

Khi stood up and walked to the back. He came back with a card with a lawyer's name and number.

"At least try to plead guilty and claim self defense." He told me as he handed em the card. I tucked it away in my purse and smiled at him. He didn't crack a grin.

I guess I'm the only one who's glad Liam Angels is dead. That man was the devil in disguise. He practically had horns growing from his head.

"Well, I'm going to this club in Brooklyn." I turned and walked towards the door. The just stood there in silence. I don't know what I expected from them. I just killed a man. And I felt good about it.