Chapter 22: The girl from the pictures

I sat in my bubble bath and listened to my favorite song by Brett Young. I adore this man. He's all I listened to when Big Mama used to sneak contraband into prison. Of course I had me a small IPod for my own pleasure. Who doesn't have illegal products in prison? At least it wasn't drugs.

"Oh hurry up, Genesis. I want to shower too." My mom knocks on the door lightly. She was determined to bother me.

This home has three different showers. Why must she use this tub? Is it made of gold?

"Okay." I simply said. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my towel. I dried my body and wrapped the towel around my petite waist. I washed the tub out and grabbed my phone from the cabinet.

"All yours, girl." I told my mom as I swung the door open. I walked past her and down the hall into my room.

I could not believe my eyes. There were boxes with my name all over them. Surely she didn't shove my expensive clothes and shoes in some smelly box.

Of course not.

"What's in these boxes?" I called out. I opened one box and could have fell out. My Dolce and Gabbana fabrics were mixed in with my Versace.

"Mom!" I screeched. I opened the other box and saw my heels and sneakers in one box. I can't believe she disrespected my clothes as if I was dead. I was only in prison.

I sat on my bed and took a deep breath. Liam always called me a drama queen.

That devil.

I hope he's burning in hell while screaming my name.

"Must you be so dramatic?"

That's when I noticed George standing in my doorway. He looked like he wanted to laugh at me for eternity.

"Did you guys think I was dead?" I asked curiously. He raised his eye brows as if he was unsure about me.

"You're crazier than I thought." He said as he continued walking down the hall.

I got up and slammed the door, causing my towel to unravel and hit the ground. I walked over to my dresser and pulled some underwear out.

I do not have time for the yeast infections today so I decided to wear my cotton hipsters.

I dug in one of my boxes and saw my white spaghetti strap bodysuit. I quickly put it on without a bra. My boobs can go without a bra. I'm no more than a pound and a half. So of course my boobs are still in a B.

I slipped my Fashion Nova jeans over the bodysuit and pulled them above my belly button.

I'm on a mission. I'm not in the mood for fancy clothes and jewelry. I'm trying to make sure I don't have to go to jail for killing another man again.

I slipped into my red Air Max 97s. Just in case I have to chase his ass, I can be prepaid.

You tripping now, Gen

Why must men make us crazy? I haven't even had sex with the guy. I just want to know why?

"Okay I'm leaving." I told them, before walking out the door with my debit card and the keys to my mom's Lexus.

I had enough money from Liam to get my own small home. I hope he's rolling over in his grave at how I'm about to use all his money on nothing but me. Hell, it's mine anyway.

I turned the radio up and heard this weird song. I've never heard this before, but it's catchy. They're talking about bloody shoes, whatever that is.

I pulled out the driveway with my mind on one thing. Khi.

I was going to knock on his door and see what he thought. Why he left me hanging? Why he broke my heart?

I sat at the red light and saw the Sports Illustrated office. I could only dream about getting my job back. They are the least bit interested in hiring a criminal.

I could hear people blowing behind me, causing me to realize the light had turned green. I quickly drove off.

I thought about P.

Now he's a friend that you don't run across too often. He took care of me and I took care of him. We instantly felt the chemistry of our friendship once he first met me while I was in isolation.

"You Okay in there?"

I was going crazy. I haven't seen sunlight in a week. I haven't eaten in three days. I wanted out.

I screamed out as I grabbed my dreads in frustration. I was literally pulling my dreads out everyday.

"Get me out of here!" I screeched.

He slid the slot open as he watched me curled up on the dirty floor. I was cold and they refused to give me a blanket.

"Here." He slid a McDonald's cheeseburger through the slot, causing the golden wrapped burger to hit the floor.

I rushed to the burger like I was a roach on food. It tasted like heaven, although I don't eat onions. Haven't had one of these bad boys in years.

"Don't thank me. Any person with a heart would know to do this." He said as he slid the slot closed.

I smiled at the thought of P. He's too nice of a person to be working at a prison. He needs to be a teacher in a urban community.

I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn't notice I was outside of Khi's condo.

I stepped out and quickly walked in the building. I went up to his floor and repaired myself. I approached his door and heard talking.

"No, I'm not." He said angrily.

"Yes you are! You're lying to me, Khi." A woman cried out. She started weeping. Her cries muffled, causing me to think he held her in his arms.

I was sad although I prepared myself for anything. I was hurt. I made a fool of myself by coming here.

"We're married, Khi." She cried. Tears started to roll down my soft cheek. My back hit the wall as I leaned against it crying softly.

The door swung open and the woman stood there in shock. Her eyes looked like she had been crying all day.

"I'm sorry." I wiped my eyes as I began to walk away.

"You're the girl from pictures." She said causing me to stop in my tracks.

He kept our pictures?